外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2009-7-17 17:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 心无所羁 于 2009-12-25 16:38 编辑

CHAPTER No. 6
第六章

Dooku stood before the Jedi Council. He did not know if Lorian had come before him or would be appearing after. He only knew one thing: It was time to tell the truth. He described how Lorian had wanted them to take the Sith Holocron, and later, how Lorian had asked him to lie for him.
杜库站在绝地委员会面前。他不知道Lorian是在他之前还是将会在他之后出现。他只清楚一件事:到了讲述真相的时候了。他描述着Lorian是如何希望他们拿到西斯全息记录,而后又如何请求他为自己撒谎。

"And were you prepared to lie for him?" Oppo Rancisis asked.
“那么,你打算为他说谎吗?”Oppo Rancisis问道。
Dooku took a moment before answering. He wanted to lie and say that he had never considered Lorian's request, yet he knew the Jedi Masters could see through him like water. He wasn't as powerful as they were, not yet.
杜库停顿片刻。他想谎称他从未考虑过Lorian的无理请求,但同时他又怕绝地大师们可以清晰地洞察他的内心世界。至少是现在,他还不如他们那么强大。

"I was not prepared to lie, no," Dooku said. "I thought about it. Lorian was my friend."
“我不打算,不,”杜库回答,“我曾考虑过,毕竟Lorian是我的朋友。”
"No longer your friend, is he?" Yoda asked.
“他已经不是你的朋友了,不是吗?”尤达问道。
This he could answer without getting mired in doubt and hesitation. The truth was clear. "No. He is no longer my friend."
对于这个问题,杜库可以不假思索地回答出来。事实是明摆着的。“是的,他不再是我的朋友了。”

"Clear to us is this as well," Yoda said. "A training lightsaber is not meant to wound, yet wound Lorian you did."
“也很明显,对我们来说。”尤达说,“训练用的光剑是没有杀伤力的,可Lorian的伤,是你造成的。”
"I did not mean to," Dooku said. "I was angry and my control was not the best. My best friend had betrayed me."
“我不是有意的,”杜库辩解道,“我当时气得发疯,不能自已。我最好的朋友竟然背叛了我。”
"Lost control you did," Yoda said. "And too old for excuses you are."
“失去理智,你的确是,”尤达说,“以你现在的年龄,犯下这种过错,是不可宽恕的。”

Dooku nodded and looked down. He had expected this rebuke, but he had not expected it to sting so badly. He had never disappointed Yoda before.
杜库顺从地点头,羞愧地低下了头。他早料到这样的批评,却没想到会如此尖锐刺人。他可从没让尤达失望过。
"Tension between you there was, controlled the anger should have been, " Yoda went on. "Used the exercise for feelings you should have let go in other ways you did. Meditation. Discussion."
“你们两的关系是很紧张,但控制愤怒,你本应该,”尤达继续说,“运用训练的方式,你其实可以通过其他渠道宣泄你的情感,比如冥想,讨论。”
"Physical exercise," Tor Difusal broke in. "A conference with a Jedi Master. You know the outlets available to you. Yet you chose not to use them."
“还有体能训练,”Tor Difusal插话说,“或者找绝地大师谈谈,你应该懂得有许多宣泄方式可以选择。可你却没有。”

Dooku saw that he had been tricked. He had no doubt now that he and Lorian had been made team captains deliberately. The Jedi Council had wanted to pit them against each other to see how deep the tensions ran.
杜库忽然明白过来,他被愚弄了。他现在确信他和Lorian是被故意安排成队长的。是绝地委员会想让他们相互对抗,来看看他们之间的仇恨能到多深。
"Tricked you were not," Yoda said, as if he'd read Dooku's thoughts. "Given an opportunity you were. Not alone are you, Dooku. To ask for help is no shame."
“被戏弄,你没有。”尤达说道,好像他看出了杜库的想法,“给予机会,你们是。不单是你,杜库。求助不是什么可耻的事。”

"I know that." He had been told it enough times.
“我知道。”杜库已经被教导过许多次了。
"Know this you do, but practice it you must," Yoda said sharply. "Conquer your pride, you must. Your flaw, it is."
“你当然知道,但去做,你必须,”尤达尖锐地指出,“克服你的骄傲,你一定,这是你的缺点。”
"I will, Master Yoda." Dooku almost sighed aloud. Would he never get away from lessons?
“我会的,尤达大师。”杜库几乎出声地叹了口气,难道他永远也摆脱不掉这些烦人的教诲吗?

"Go you may," Yoda said.
“你可以走了。”尤达说
"Your decision?"
“你们的决定?”
"You will hear of it," Tor Difusal said.
“你不久后就会知道的。”Tor Disfusal答道。
There was nothing to do but bow and leave. Dooku heard the door slip shut silently behind him. Only a few words had been spoken, but he felt as though he had emerged from a battle.
杜库只能鞠躬然后离开。他听见门在他身后无声地关上了。虽然谈及的内容很少,但给杜库的感觉就像刚刚经历过一场恶战。

The Jedi Council did not make them wait long. Dooku received a reprimand for excessive aggression during the exercise. Lorian was expelled from the Jedi Order, not for stealing the Sith Holocron, but for lying and implicating his friend.
绝地委员会果然没让他们久等。杜库因训练中过度伤害,受到警告处分,Lorian则被逐出绝地武士团,不只因为他盗取西斯全息记录,更因为他说谎并试图连累朋友。
Dooku felt relief course through him. He hadn't felt in danger of being expelled, but the affair could have had worse complications. Thame Cerulian could have dropped him as an apprentice. That had been his worst fear.
整个过程杜库都感到很轻松。他不必担心被驱逐,虽然事情可能会变得更糟糕——Thame Cerulian大师有可能拒绝接受他做学徒,这就是他最大的忧虑了。

He took the turbolift up to the landing platform. It had always been one of his favorite places. He and Lorian had sneaked in here as younglings, hiding in a corner and naming all the starships. They'd imagined the day when they'd be the Jedi Knights striding through, hoisting themselves up into their cockpits and zooming off into the atmosphere.
他乘坐涡轮电梯上到飞行器升降平台。这也是他最喜欢的地方之一。还是幼童时,他和Lorian就时常偷偷来到这里,藏在角落中,辨别各式各样的星际飞船,一起幻想着有一天,他们成为绝地武士,大步走过,升到驾驶室内,开着飞船驶向太空的情景。
He strolled down the aisle as the mechanic droids buzzed over the ships, doing routine maintenance. Now the time that he would be leaving was approaching. Thame was returning in three days. He could be off on a mission within a week.
他在过道上漫步,许多机修机器人正围着飞船嗡嗡地忙碌着,做着常规的保养工作。现在距离他离开的时候不远了,Thame三天内就会回来,一周之内他就可能会随着Thame一起去执行任务。

He saw ahead that the exit door to the exterior platform was open. Someone must be leaving or arriving. He walked out. The clouds had gone and the night was crystal clear. The stars hung close and glittered so hard and bright it felt as though they could cut pieces in the sky.
他抬头向前望去,通向外面平台的出口开着。有人要离开或是来了。他走了出去。乌云散尽,夜空如水晶般晶莹剔透。天上的星星看起来是像是离得很近,闪烁着明亮的光芒,好似要把夜空撕裂成碎片。
He wasn't alone. Lorian stood on the platform, looking out over Coruscant.
他并不孤单。Lorian正站在平台上,俯瞰整个科洛桑。
"You've heard," he said.
“你听说了吧,”他说。
"I'm sorry," Dooku said.
“我替你难过,”杜库说。

"Are you?" Lorian asked the question softly. "I hear no sorrow in your voice."
“真的吗?”Lorian轻声问道,“我从你的声音里听不出丝毫的悲伤。”
"I am sorry," Dooku said, "but you have to admit that you got yourself into this mess."
“我很抱歉,”杜库说,“但你得承认是你自己把事情弄得一团糟。”
Lorian turned. His eyes glittered like the stars above, and Dooku realized there were tears in them. "A mess? Is that what you call it? How typical of you. Nothing touches you, Dooku. My life is over. I'm never going to be a Jedi! Can you imagine how that feels?"
Lorian转过身,他的眼睛像天上的星星一样闪亮,杜库意识到那是泪水。“一团糟?你是这么认为的?真是你的经典哲学——没什么能打动你,杜库。我的生命算是结束了,我将永远成不了一名绝地,你能想象到这是什么感觉吗?”

"Why do you keep asking me to feel what you feel?" Dooku burst out. "I can't do that. I'm not you!"
“你凭什么老是强迫我感受你的感觉?”杜库恼怒了,“我做不到,我不是你!”
"No, you're not me. But I know you better than anyone. I've seen more of what's inside you than anyone." Lorian took a step toward him. "I've seen your heart, and I know how empty it is. I've seen your anger, and I know how deep it is. I've seen your ambition, and I know how ruthless it is. And all of that will ultimately destroy you."
“是啊,你不是我。但我比任何人都了解你,比任何人都更清楚你的内心。”Lorian向前一步,走近杜库,“我能看穿你的心,我知道它是多么空虚。我已经感受到了你的愤怒,我清楚它有多强烈。我也知晓你的野心是多么冷酷无情。这些最终都会毁了你自己。”

"You don't know what you're talking about," Dooku said. "You wanted me to lie to protect you. Do you think you're better than me?"
“胡说八道!”杜库说,“你不过想让我替你撒谎罢了,你真认为你比我强大吗?”
"No, that was never what it was about," Lorian said. "It was about friendship."
“不,和那没关系,”Lorian说,“这只关乎友谊。”
"That's exactly what it was about! You've always been jealous of me! That's why you wanted to destroy me. Instead," Dooku said, "you've destroyed yourself."
“就是那么回事!你总是嫉妒我!这就是你想毁灭我的原因,”杜库说,“相反,你毁了你自己。”

Lorian shook his head. He walked past Dooku, back toward the darkness of the hangar. "I know one thing," he said, his voice trailing behind him, but clear and even. "I will never be a Jedi, it's true. But neither will you. You will never, never be a great Jedi Master."
Lorian摇摇头,从杜库身边走过,在机库的阴影中转身:“我只知道一件事,”他的声音萦绕在身后,却清晰有力,“我不会成为绝地,这是事实,但你也不会,你将永远也成不了一名伟大的绝地大师。”
Lorian and his words were swallowed up by the darkness. Dooku's cheeks burned despite the coolness of the air. Words crowded in his throat, threatening to break free. Then he decided he would let Lorian have the last word. Why not? He had the career. Lorian had nothing.
Lorian和他的话都被黑暗吞没了。虽然夜风清凉,杜库仍然感觉到脸颊发烫。话语哽咽在他喉咙间,马上要爆发出来了。而后,他又决意让Lorian说完他最后的话。为什么不呢?他还有自己的事业,Lorian却一无所有了。

Lorian had been wrong. Dooku's heart hadn't been empty. He had loved his friend.
其实Lorian错了,杜库的心不曾空虚,他曾经真心热爱过他的朋友。
But he had changed. Lorian had betrayed him. He would never believe in friendship again. If his heart was now empty of love, so be it. The Jedi did not believe in attachments. He would fill his heart with nobility and passion and commitment. He would become a great Jedi Master.
可现在他变了。Lorian背叛了他,他再也不会相信友谊。如果说他的心空虚无爱,也许是吧。绝地是不相信感情的。他将用高尚、热情、奉献填补内心,他要成为一名伟大的绝地大师。

Dooku looked up at a sky that glittered with stars and hummed with planets. So much to see, so much to do. So many beings to fight and to fight for. And yet he would take away from his time at the Temple one lesson, the most important one of all: In the midst of a galaxy crowded with life-forms, he was alone.
杜库仰视苍穹,广袤的天空中布满闪烁的恒星和星球。有多少事物等待着他去探索,有多少事业等待着他去完成,又有多少生命需要他去为之奋斗和守护。而他从自己在绝地圣殿度过的岁月中,吸取的最重要的一个教训就是:在这充满生命体的银河系中,他是孤独的。
Dooku was blindfolded and playing with a seeker when he felt a presence enter the room. He knew it was Yoda. He could feel the way the Force gathered in the room. He continued to play with the seeker, swinging his lightsaber so the wind batted it gently, teasing it. He circled, listening and moving, knowing he could slice the seeker in two whenever he wanted.
杜库有些茫然,正玩弄着一个探测器,忽然感觉到有人进来了。他知道那是尤达,他能感觉到原力在房间内集结的特别方式。他继续玩着探测器,挥舞着光剑,让空气轻拍在探测器上来戏耍它。他旋转身体,留神地听着、动着,他知道,只要他想把探测器劈成两半,他随时都可以做到。

Yoda had not spoken to him since Lorian had left the Temple. Dooku passed the time waiting for Thame to return, performing classic Jedi training exercises, wanting to impress the Council with his commitment.
自从Lorian离开圣殿后,尤达还没和杜库谈过话。在杜库等待Thame归来的时间里,他在绝地训练中表现优秀,他非常想用自己的勤奋努力让绝地委员会满意。
"Of your ability, sure you are," Yoda said mildly. "Yet between sureness and pride, a small step it is."
“对于你的能力,你太过自信了,”尤达温和地说,“自信与自负之间,一小步只是。”
Dooku stopped for a moment. He had wanted to impress Yoda, not provoke a rebuke. The seeker buzzed around his head like an angry insect.
杜库愣了一下,他想讨好尤达,而不是招来指责。探测器在他头顶不停地嗡鸣,就像一只愤怒的昆虫。

"Fitting it is that blindfolded you are," Yoda continued. "Pride it is that blinds you. Your flaw, pride is. Great are your gifts, Dooku. Mindful of the talents you do not possess as well as the ones you do you must be."
“迷惘,形容现在的你很合适,”尤达继续说,“骄傲,蒙蔽了你。你的缺点,骄傲是。你的天赋很高,杜库。不要只在乎你拥有的才能,也要看到你不具备的才能,你一定要。”
Dooku heard only the slightest whisper of the fabric of Yoda's robe as the Jedi Master retreated. The Force drained from the room.
杜库听到细小的袍子纤维摩擦的声音,尤达离开了。原力从房间里流出。

Dooku was not used to criticism. He was the gifted one. He was the one the teachers always pointed to as an example. He hated to be corrected. Coolly, he struck out with his lightsaber and severed the seeker in two.
杜库不习惯别人的批评。他天赋很高。他总是被老师们当成学徒们学习的典范之一,他憎恨被批评。杜库沉着自若地拔出光剑,把探测器劈成两半。

评分

查看全部评分

没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2009-7-18 10:14 | 显示全部楼层
杜库也挺悲剧的。
The universe is dominated by the dark side.

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

西斯

发表于 2009-7-18 10:31 | 显示全部楼层
LZ好勤奋啊,占个位置慢慢看……

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

帝国克隆人汉化组

发表于 2009-7-18 13:47 | 显示全部楼层
How typical of you.
是说,杜库的话表现了他的典型心态 太典型了,永远都是这么想,永远都这么自私

Mindful of the talents you do not possess as well as the ones you do
是:
不要只在乎你拥有的才能,也要看到你不具备的才能
(这样才能跟前面说杜库“自负”的逻辑联系起来)
Never  again  will  a  citizen  of  this  galaxy  watch  a  moonrise  in  quite  the  same  way.  He  will  stare  at  that  moon,  and  remember  that  the  Empire  is  firmly  in  control. ----Grand  Moff  Tarkin

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-18 14:06 | 显示全部楼层
感谢LT大哥的指点,这我还真没理解到这么深层次,已改正~
另:下一章我们可爱的杜库就长大了,呵呵,开始带着小学徒魁刚咯~

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2009-7-20 09:38 | 显示全部楼层
"Tricked you were not," Yoda said, as if he'd read Dooku's thoughts. "Given an opportunity you were. Not alone are you, Dooku. To ask for help is no shame."
“被戏弄,你没有。”尤达说道,好像他看出了杜库的想法,“给与机会,你们是。不单是你,杜库。求助不是什么可耻的事。”
--------------------------
应该用“给予”而不是“给与”。
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-20 16:23 | 显示全部楼层
==错别字问题。。。
再次感谢各位大人的支持与指正~

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地共和国

发表于 2009-7-21 11:36 | 显示全部楼层
人总有欲望,但杜库这样的人往往用伟光正的目的来解释欲望,结果反而向深渊滑得更快,不知我这样的理解是否恰当。

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:09 , Processed in 0.082647 second(s), 20 queries .