外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2009-12-23 15:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 心无所羁 于 2009-12-24 20:36 编辑

CHAPTER No. 19
第十九章

Lorian Nod was in prison, awaiting trial. Cilia was no longer an underground hero, but a public one, able to walk the streets with her husband. The Guardians had fallen into disarray and the minister had promised to disband them.
Lorian再次被关进监狱,等待审判。Cilia不再是鲜为人知的地下英雄,俨然成为一个公众人物,并可以和丈夫一起逛街,自由自在地生活了。Lorian被捕后,卫队陷入一片混乱,总统已经许诺解散卫队。

It was time for the Jedi to leave.
是绝地离开的时候了。

Qui-Gon waited at the landing platform with Obi-Wan. He remembered arriving on this planet while worrying about what was to come with his apprentice. It was true that he missed that pure trust, that lack of shadows between them. He had seen the flaws in Obi-Wan, and the flaws in himself. He had seen where their flaws could rub up against each other and create fissures in their relations, cracking them open like a groundquake could split the very core of a planet.
在停机坪上,魁刚与欧比万正在等候飞船。魁刚还记得刚刚来到这个星球时,他一直在担心欧比万的内心变化。的确,他无比怀念他们师徒之间那种纯粹而不含任何杂质的信任。魁刚不但能看到欧比万的弱点,更能认识到自己的弱点。他深知,正是他们各自的弱点使得他们摩擦不断,并且产生裂痕,以至于就像强烈的地震裂开星球内核一样将两人迅速分离开来。

Yet there was something to be gained from that, Qui-Gon thought. Now their relationship could truly begin, for they had seen the worst of it and they had both decided that what they wanted, the most important thing, was to go on. There had been no betrayal. Qui-Gon knew Dooku was wrong - he was not alone.
不过从这次冲突中,也收获了不少东西,魁刚心想。现在才是两人友谊真正的开始,因为他们已经经历了最坏的情形,也明确了彼此的需要,最重要的是两人依然并肩前行。背叛并没有发生,魁刚意识到他的师父杜库错了——他并不孤单。

"The idea to leave the audio feed open was a good one," he told Obi-Wan. "Lorian was trapped by his denials."
“让音频一直开着真是个不错的主意,”他对欧比万说,“Lorian因为他的竭力否认而陷入麻烦了。”

"I thought he might say something incriminating," Obi-Wan said.
“我本以为他可能会说出一些罪证。”欧比万说。

"You ordered Stephin to do it," Qui-Gon said. "You did not check with me. You did not even look at me."
“当时,是你命令Stephin这么做的,”魁刚说,“你没有跟我商量,甚至都没看我一眼。”

"I am sorry, Master - "
“我很抱歉,师父——”

"It was the right thing to do."
“这么做是正确的。”

Qui-Gon saw the flash of pleasure in Obi-Wan's eyes. He is no longer afraid of displeasing me, Qui-Gon thought. Good.
魁刚看见欧比万眼中闪过一丝愉悦。看来,他不再害怕惹恼我,魁刚心想,不错。

"Shall we board?" Qui-Gon asked.
“我们一起上船吧?”魁刚提议道。

"Of course, Master." Obi-Wan paused and looked longingly at a food court. "But can we eat first?" He grinned. "I'm still thinking about that turnover."
“好的,师父。”欧比万停下脚步,充满渴望地望着一家餐厅。“可我们能现吃点东西吗?”他狡黠地一笑,“我还在想着那张饼。”

Qui-Gon laughed. Yes, his Padawan was back. And the boy was back, too. Now they could begin again.
魁刚开怀大笑。是的,他的徒弟回来了,那个小男孩又回来了,他们之间的师徒关系总算可以从头开始了。

He had not known the Jedi cruiser to Naboo was taking him on what would turn out to be his final mission with Qui-Gon. Yet they both had understood that the time was coming when Qui-Gon would recommend him for the trials. Obi-Wan knew he was ready, but he was not yet prepared to leave his Master. He was anxious to be independent, but he was reluctant to come out from the protection of his alliance with Qui-Gon. It was not apprehension that kept him there, but loyalty. Friendship. Love. They had spoken more on that trip than they had ever spoken before. Qui-Gon had been in a rare talkative mood, and they had remembered old missions, old acquaintances. They had laughed over the exploits of Didi Oddo, the friend who was always in trouble. They had remembered the loyal brothers, Guerra and Paxxi, now heads of large families on their homeworld of Phindar.
魁刚之前就知道,这次乘坐绝地巡洋舰前往纳布星球,将是他和欧比万最后一次在一起执行任务。过不了多久魁刚就会推荐欧比万接受考验,这是两人心里都清楚的事实。虽然欧比万已经准备好接受考验,不过他还没做好离开师父的心理准备。对于即将到来的独立自主的生活,欧比万心里颇为不安,他甚至有些不情愿走出师父魁刚的庇护。但并不是这种忧虑使得欧比万不忍离开,而是他对师父的忠诚、友谊与热爱。一路上,两人相谈甚欢,比往常更为活跃。魁刚也异常健谈,两人一起回忆起以前的任务,还有老熟人。他们笑着谈论起Didi Oddo的“英勇事迹”——一个总是麻烦不断的朋友。他们还记起一对忠诚的兄弟,Guerra和Paxxi,如今两人在他们的家乡Phindar星球已经是家族的首领了。

From time to time a shadow would cross Qui-Gon's face and Obi-Wan knew he was thinking of Tahl, who he had loved. Tahl had been killed during a mission to New Apsolon despite their intense efforts to find and save her. The pilot dimmed the lights for sleep. Still Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan did not move. They sat on their chairs, reluctant to move to the sleep area. A silence fell between them, as companionable as always. In the dark silence, Obi-Wan had asked the question that had been in his mind for months.
交谈中,魁刚的脸上不时浮现出阴晴不定的表情,欧比万知道师父一定是想起了Tahl——那个魁刚曾经深爱过的女孩。在New Apsolon星球的一次任务中,尽管他们尽全力抢救她,但是Tahl还是牺牲了。到了睡眠休息的时间了,飞行员将灯光调暗,魁刚和欧比万却都坐在椅子上,不想去休息。像往常一样,两人缄默不语。在黑暗的寂静中,欧比万问出了那个困扰了他几个月的问题。

"Master, can you tell me something I am lacking? Something I cannot see that I need to work on?"
“师父,您能告诉我我的缺点在哪里吗?就是我还没有发现,还需要改正的地方。”

He could not see Qui-Gon's face clearly now. "Do you mean a flaw, Padawan?"
欧比万看不清魁刚的脸庞。“你是指弱点吗,徒弟?”

"Yes. You have told me that I worry too much, and I've tried to work on that."
“是的,您曾经告诫我,我时常过分忧虑,我一直在努力改正。”

"Ah. You mean you've worried about worrying too much?" Qui-Gon's voice was light. He was teasing him.
“啊。你是说你担心自己过分忧虑的毛病?”魁刚的声音很轻柔,仿佛在逗欧比万。

"I can be impatient with living beings, too. I know that. And sometimes, I'm a little too confident of my abilities, perhaps."
“我知道,我待人缺乏耐心,也许,有时我还对自己的能力过分自信。”

Now Qui-Gon's tone was serious. "These things are true, Obi-Wan, but they are not flaws. I have seen how hard you have worked. I've seen what you can accomplish."
这次魁刚的语调严肃起来了。“这些的确是事实,欧比万,不过它们不是弱点。我知道你正在努力克服它们,而且进步很大。”

"Then what is my flaw?" Obi-Wan asked.
“那么,我的弱点到底是什么?”欧比万问。

There came a silence so long that Obi-Wan wondered if Qui-Gon had fallen asleep. Then his voice rose out of the darkness, soft and deep.
又是一阵长久的沉默,以至于欧比万怀疑魁刚是否睡着了。随后,魁刚的声音从黑暗中传来,柔软而低沉。

"You will be a great Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I know that with every breath, with every beat of my heart. You will make me proud I was there at your beginnings. If you do have a flaw, perhaps it is simply this: You wish to please me too much."
“你将会成为一名伟大的绝地武士,欧比万•克诺比。这既是我的直觉,也是我的真心话。作为你的导师,我深感荣幸。如果说你有什么弱点的话,大概就是你太想取悦我了。”

评分

查看全部评分

没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

絕地學徒

主题

帖子

精华

扩张区域

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2009-12-23 17:17 | 显示全部楼层
最近你翻譯得這麼快....
星球大戰是生命,看足球是食糧
@_@是我專用的符號,不是代表@@,不是代表暈...

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2009-12-24 00:05 | 显示全部楼层
“好的,师父。”欧比万停下脚步,充满渴望地望着一家餐厅。“可我们能现吃点东西吗?”他狡黠地一笑,“我还在想着那张饼。”
------------------
Obi好可爱……
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

西斯

发表于 2009-12-24 14:02 | 显示全部楼层
嘿嘿,又来支持小书了……

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2010-1-5 11:31 | 显示全部楼层
LZ大辛苦~~
有个问题哈,“He had not known the Jedi cruiser to Naboo was taking him on what would turn out to be his final mission with Qui-Gon.”这一句开头的He指的是谁啊?读上去似乎是Obi,但是前文结束时语境是Qui-Gon,我原来读的时候就在想怎么有点接不上,前文是obi还小的时候,后文毫无征兆马上跳到Naboo的事情了。。。好吧我无聊

PS:这段好温馨……Jude Watson终于不折腾这俩人了
I'm a magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:36 , Processed in 0.071205 second(s), 20 queries .