帖子

精华

超级版主

原力
水晶
发表于 2009-3-30 13:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
(Making Good Guys Look Good)

2003年6月18日

I did not know what a snood was, until Key Hairdresser Annette Miles explained it succinctly. "It's like a very elaborate hairnet that sort of hangs down between the shoulder blades," she says, "and the hair sits inside there."
我确实不知道什么是“snood(妇女发网)”,直到首席美容师安尼特·迈尔斯简洁地为我作了解释。“就有点象一种制作非常精细的发网,些微下垂到两肩胛骨之间,”她说,“头发就束在里面。”

It's a busy day in the Hair and Makeup Department...and I'm in way over my head. While I'm relatively comfortable talking matchmoving, digital chaining, and 4:4:4 RGB camera output, the finer details of the work here employ a new and intricate world of moviemaking skills and talent that, frankly, I didn't know much about. But I'm learning.
今天对于毛发和化妆部而言是个非常忙碌的日子……,而我有些糊涂。如果谈论的是打斗动作,数字链,或是4:4:4三原色摄象机插座,我会觉得很自如,可是对于这里这种电影制作技术中更出色的工作细节,是一种全新而复杂的学科,老实讲,我对这个懂得不多。不过我正在学。

The department has grown in the past few days. Hairdressers Pip Lund and Tracey Reeby, and Makeup Artists Shane Thomas and Bliss Macgillicuddy have now joined the team. The styling chairs that in previous weeks held one actor at a time now are occupied in multiples as both principals and extras undergo tests.
过去几天里,这个部门发展壮大起来。发型师皮普·伦德,翠西·瑞贝,化妆艺术家谢恩·托马斯以及布里斯·迈克吉利库迪现在加入到队伍里来。在前几个星期里,化妆椅只供一个演员坐,现在,从主要演员到临时演员轮流用到它。

Natalie Portman is now in Sydney, having arrived yesterday morning. When I first walked into the department this morning, I saw her soaking her hair, undergoing a treatment. "We really need it to be in great condition," says Annette. "We need to encourage the curl and luster of her hair."
娜塔莉·波曼现在就在悉尼,她是昨天早上到的。今天早上我第一次走进发型和化妆部时,我看见她正在浸湿头发,接受头发护理。“我们真的需要让她的头发处于最佳状态,”安尼特说,“我们要让她的头发更卷曲,更有光泽。”

To do this, the hairdressers use a holistic hair treatment with all natural products. Annette explains to me the philosophy behind Dr. Hauschka's line of beauty products, how the herbs are picked at certain times, at certain phases of the moon, and the reverent rituals undertaken in developing these materials... Did I mention that I'm out of my element?
为了做到这一点,发型师使用了所有的天然制品来进行全套头发护理。安尼特向我解释Hauschka博士关于美容制品诗句背后的哲学,如何在特定的时间、特定的月亮盈亏时期采摘药草,为了发现这些原料举行的虔诚的宗教仪式……。我有没有说过我和这里格格不入?

Costume Props delivers one of Padme's headdress mockups for Annette to style Natalie's looks. One of the looks is a spectacular arrangement (complete with snood) that Pip and Tracey continue to work on in Natalie's absence. The hairdressers have been carefully matching swatches of real Russian hair to add to Natalie's 'do. Annette is careful to match under sunlight, since the artificial pallor of fluorescent bulbs isn't a reliable indicator of true color. Luckily, we got a few hours of sunlight today (yesterday was pretty gloomy).
服装道具组提供了一个帕德美的头部实物模型给安尼塔,让她可以设计帕德美的发型。其中一个发型相当华丽(用一个发网完成设计),为此皮普和翠西在娜塔莉还没有来的时候就一直在工作了。发型师们仔细地比较着要加到娜塔莉头发里的真正的俄国头发样本。安尼塔认真地在阳光下作着对比,因为荧光灯发出的苍白色人造光不能反映出真正的色泽。幸运的是,今天我们有几个小时的日照(昨天天气阴沉得很)。

"Rather than use just one color, I like to use three different colors and mix them together. You can see here that it gives you a nice texture." I take a closer look at the lock of hair she holds, and can see the very realistic natural-looking arrangement of multicolored strands. It's an invisible art, really, since so much of what these artists do is meant to be absorbed subconsciously by viewers. I'm sure many don't even realize they're not seeing an actor's real hair.
“我喜欢用三种不同颜色混合在一起,这比只用一种颜色要好。你可以在这里看出这样的做法给你一种更好的纹理。”我凑近去看她拿着的那缕头发,可以看出彩绳的那种完全自然现实的外观。这真是一种无形的艺术,因为这些艺术家所做的绝大部分工作就是为了在不知不觉中吸引观众。我敢肯定观众甚至不会意识到自己见到的不是演员本人的头发。

Today, Ewan McGregor continues his hair and makeup tests as well. "I gave him a haircut and styled his hair, moving a bit more towards a younger version of Alec Guinness," explains Annette. "Ewan will have his own hair, but I'm just now making some temple pieces, and they will be graying. It went very well. He was in good form, and he was happy with the haircut. We've got four months, so he'll probably have at least four haircuts, minimum, in that time."
今天,伊万·迈克格雷戈继续接受他的发型和化妆测试。“我给他理了发,作了发型,向亚力克·吉尼斯的年轻版更靠拢一些,”安尼特解释说,“伊万不会用假发,不过我现在正在做一些鬓角贴片,它们有点泛灰色。进展非常顺利。他的外形非常好,对于理发也很高兴。我们有四个月时间,因此到时候他也许至少要理四次发,最少四次。”

"We tooled his beard right back so we can give him more of an interesting shape to his face, rather than a big bushy beard," says Makeup Supervisor Nikki Gooley. "We did some sculpting to the sides, and we have more manicuring to the goatee shape, so it's slightly thicker than the rest of his beard to give him an Alec Guinness-look. I'm training him to shave for himself. I've given him some wax, and he's going to be sort of pulling it out and shaping his moustache every day to train it to grow in certain directions."
“我们把他的胡子向后修剪,因此可以给他的脸带来一种更有趣的形状,比一把大胡子效果要好,”化妆监督尼基·古利说,“我们在侧面作了一些造型,作了更多的修剪,以修出山羊胡的形状,所以这部分的胡子要比他其他地方的胡子浓密,这给他一点亚力克·吉尼斯的外貌。我正在训练他让他自己刮胡子。我已经给了他一些蜡,他会把它拉出来一些,每天修整他的小胡子,让胡子能朝特定的方向生长。”

Yesterday, Hayden Christensen underwent similar hair and makeup tests. For Episode III, he won't have the fresh-faced young Padawan look. Rather, we'll see what fighting in the Clone Wars for years has done to the Chosen One. "He looks quite rugged and weathered," says Annette. "He's going to look like he's been around the track a bit."
昨天,海登·克里斯腾森也接受了类似的发型和化妆测试。在EP3里,他不会再有年轻学徒的那种稚嫩面相。相反,我们会看到,克隆战争中多年的征战给原力之子造成了什么样的影响。“他看起来相当粗糙而有风霜感,”安尼特说,“他的外貌将有些许沧桑的痕迹。”

For those fans keeping tabs on the background Jedi that survived the Battle of Geonosis, add Stass Allie to that list. Today, Lily Nyamwasa was in the makeup chair. There was a slight complication when Lily pointed out she has a wedding to attend soon, and isn't very keen on shaving her head to fit the tentacled headdress like she did for Episode II. Bliss develops a workaround, using a stocking to craft a bald-cap, holding Lily's hair down so they can glue on the alien-looking headdress.
对那些坚持记录在吉奥诺西斯战斗中生还的背景绝地的影迷来说,应该把斯塔丝·艾列加到这个名单中去。今天,莉莉·尼亚瓦萨坐到了化妆椅上。在莉莉指出自己即将参加一场婚礼,不是很着急着要修剪头发以配合EP2中所用的触须状饰头巾后,事情变得有些复杂。布利斯想出一个办法,她用一只长筒袜作成秃头帽,把莉莉的头发压下来,然后他们就可以把那个外星特征的饰头巾粘上去。

"We might have to talk to Creatures and get them to fit Lily's head so we can have a bald-cap made to fit," says Nikki.
“也许我们得和生物商店谈一谈,让他们适合莉莉的头型,那么我们就可以作一个秃头帽,和这个相称(?)”尼基说。

Also that day, two new cast members -- a starship captain and a handmaiden -- received makeup and costume tests, but I'm not at liberty to say their names yet. They're small parts, but expect casting announcements as soon as the ink dries on their contracts.
就在同一天,两个新加入的演员接受了化妆和服装测试,他们一个是星际飞船船长,一个是侍女,不过我还没有得到可以说出他们名字的许可。这是两个小角色,不过只要合同上的墨迹一干,就可以期待角色通告了。

One of these days, I fully expect a phone call from a department-head telling me to get the webcam out of their area ASAP. Today's call, though, was unexpected.
我一直想着,总有一天,某个部门经理会叫我去把装在他们ASAP区域的网络相机拆掉。今天有人来叫了,不过,目的却是出乎我意料的。

I was in the production offices, taping down the camera's network cable to prevent someone important from tripping on it, when Assistant to the Producer Jacqui Louez (to whom I shall be apologizing forever for her repeated appearances on the aforementioned cam) tells me, "Rick wants you to take the webcam to stunts right now."
当时我正在制片办公室,把照相机的网络线捆扎起来,以防止某个大人物被拌倒,这时制片助理杰奎·洛伊斯(对于她我将永远道歉,因为她再三地出现在前面提到的网络相机上)对我说:“瑞克想让你马上把网络相机装到特技组去。”

Wait. Back up. Someone actually wants the webcam in their department? I quickly yank the freshly taped cable from the carpeting, grab the camera and trot over to that building, along with Kenji Oates (Network Assistant and future Saesee Tiin) who brings along the necessary power adaptor and network hub.
等等,等一等。真的有人想在自己的部门里安装网络相机?我迅速从毛毯里抽出刚才的录音电缆,抓起照相机,向着那幢建筑物小跑而去,身边跟着Kenji Oates(网络助理兼未来的Saesee Tiin),他带着必需的电源插座和网络线插孔。

On the rush over, time suddenly freezes as the webcam falls off the tripod head. I catch it in the crook of my arm, narrowly avoiding disaster. Looking at it, it didn't just come unthreaded. The little metal box that contains camera-side socket actually fell off.
就在我一路猛冲时,时间突然凝固了——网络相机从三脚架上掉了下来。我用我的臂弯夹住了它,勉强避免了灾难的发生。我仔细打量,发现不是没有来由的。这个装着相机的小金属盒的插座完全掉了下来。

Thankfully, the Creature Shop is on the way to stunts. Engineer Sonny Tilders screws the metal box back into place in under a minute, and we're back in business. Kenji and I show up at stunts, where Nick Gillard and his crew continue their Jedi exercises.
庆幸的是,生物商店就在前往特技大楼的路上。工程师Sonny Tilders不到一分钟就把金属盒拧回原位,我们重新开始工作。Kenji和我出现在特技大楼,那里尼克·吉拉德和他的组员继续着他们的绝地练习。

Honestly, out of all the webcam contingencies and possibilities, I never really foresaw someone actually wanting it in their business.
老实说,在所有网络相机引发的偶然事件及可能事件之外,我从未想到真的有人会希望在自己的工作间安装网络相机。

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 23:30 , Processed in 0.062880 second(s), 18 queries .