帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶
发表于 2014-8-26 23:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 Skyaaqq 于 2014-8-26 23:15 编辑

译者:此为设定书EGTW的序章,现予以翻译以参考
At the Battle of Endor, Grand Admiral Osvald Teshik continued to fight after the rest of the Imperial task force retreated, engaging Alliance warships for four hours before his Star Destroyer was disabled and captured. He was tried and executed by the Alliance to Restore the Republic for atrocities committed against the citizens of the galaxy. The following is a transcript of his last statement:
恩多战役中,当其余帝国部队撤离后,奥斯瓦尔德•泰希克元帅仍然继续奋战,在他的歼星舰被瘫痪俘获前,他与同盟舰队战斗四个小时。随后他被共和国光复同盟以“对银河系人民施以非人道暴行”的罪名审判并处决。以下是他的最后陈述的文字记录:
I’ve been here before, you know. Four years ago, Emperor Palpatine sentenced me to death.
Why? Being Emperor is its own why. But he was angry that your privateers had been running wild in the Core, and that they’d kidnapped that swollen gasbag Adviser Veshi from Esseles. Since I commanded that oversector, I had to sate his anger.
你们知道的,我以前也受过这种待遇。四年前,皇帝帕尔帕廷判了我死刑。为什么呢?唯一的原因是他身为皇帝。你们的私掠船流窜到了核心星区,从艾斯勒斯绑架了酷似膨胀的气囊一般的顾问维希夫,皇帝对此很愤怒。自我管理核心星区始,我就不得不忍受他的怒气。
And to do that, I had to die.
而为表对此负责,我必须得死。
So he sent me to Hapes aboard the Pursuit light cruiser Shepherd, carrying two squadrons of TIE fighters and accompanied by eight gunships. My men thought we were a recon patrol and that our mission was to keep the Hapans honest. But I knew better—I knew we were going to a place from which we’d never return. When we came out of hyperspace I accessed my orders. They read PROCEED AT SPEED TO ANDALIA AND ENGAGE ENEMY FORCES.
因此他派我前往海皮斯,我驾驶着追击级轻型巡洋舰牧羊犬号,携带着两个中队的钛战机以及八艘炮艇。我的手下认为我们是一支侦察巡逻队,而我们的任务是确保海皮斯的忠诚。但是我知道的更多——我知道我们正在前往一个永远无法返回的地方。当我们脱离超空间后,我收到了我的命令。命令是全速前往安达列并与敌军交战。
A good chunk of the Hapan war fleet was waiting there for us—five Battle Dragons and eight Nova battle cruisers. They’d been tipped off.
一支庞大的海皮斯作战舰队在那里等着我们——五艘战龙舰和八艘新星级战列巡洋舰。他们已经得到了情报。

主题

帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶
 楼主| 发表于 2014-8-26 23:13 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 Skyaaqq 于 2014-8-26 23:14 编辑

The crews expected us to run, and with reason. Against such odds, running was the only sane decision. I had to repeat myself when I told the deck officer to launch all fighters. I saw his face when he realized he was going to die. I saw he wanted to know why. We all do. We think it will matter, that knowing will grant us honor, that it will silence our futile bleating at the prospect of becoming nothing.
舰员们希望我们能逃跑,并能被告知理由。胜算太过渺茫,而逃跑是唯一理智的决定。当我下令甲板军官起飞所有战斗机时,我重复了两遍。我看着他的脸庞,他意识到他即将死去。我想他想要知道这是为什么。我们所有人都是如此。我们认为如此,认为这会给我们带来荣誉,认为这会在死亡到来之际让我们徒劳的叫声归于沉默。
It doesn’t. Nothing does. I knew what he wanted to know, but I didn’t tell him.
这些并没有发生。并非如此。我知道他想要知道的东西,但是我没法告诉他。
The TIEs lasted two minutes. I watched the Battle Dragons’ turbolasers lance out, brilliant green, searching in the darkness. I watched the Hapan gunners find the range, begin to turn TIEs into flowers of flame. I watched the fighters wheel around for another pass, their laser bolts sparking useless blue spirals and whorls off the Hapan shields. Then they were all dead, and it was our turn.
We were the last survivors. Six of the gunships were gone inside a minute, vaporized by the battle cruisers. The captains of the last two gunships panicked and turned into each other. They collided head-on. I watched the atmosphere boil out of their cracked hulls, condemning the men inside to bad deaths where they might have been blessed with merely pointless ones.
钛战机坚持了两分钟。我看着战龙舰的涡轮激光炮发射,鲜绿色的轨迹划破了黑暗。我看着海皮斯炮艇确定射程,开始把钛战机炸成四溅的火花。我看着战斗机群掉头以寻找另一条出路,他们发射的激光在海皮斯战舰的护盾上无助地溅起涟漪。然后他们全死了,接下来轮到我们了。我们是最后的幸存者。六艘炮艇在一分钟内就被战列巡洋舰气化了。剩下两艘炮艇的舰长非常惊恐,他们的飞船随后相撞。他们是迎头相撞的。我看着气体从他们那破损的舰体里沸腾而出,宣判了留着飞船里的人的死刑,而他们的死是那么的毫无意义。
By then our shields were failing. I found myself wondering if the Emperor had a snoopship nearby, so he could see his sentence carried out, or if arranging it had been satisfaction enough, or if he even remembered.
当我们的护盾逐渐下降时,我发现我在担心皇帝是不是在附近有艘窥探船,如此一来他就能看着他的判决被执行,或是让他得到足够的满足,再或者他甚至可能不记得这事了。
Some of my officers were still barking orders—dead men clacking their jaws in a dumb show of honor. Others were begging me for new instructions. A few were sitting catatonic at their posts while the alarms screamed around them. Then the forward shields flashed and winked out of existence. The lead Battle Dragon launched torpedoes. I heard the deck officer yell “Incoming.” He was still at his post.
我麾下的一些军官仍然在嘶吼着下达命令——死者的下颌骨在这场无声的荣誉展示中发出毕剥的声音。剩下的人则在祈求我下达新的指示。当警报声环绕时,有几个人紧张不安地坐在他们的位子里。随后前向的护盾闪烁着并化为虚无。领头的战龙舰发射了鱼雷。我听到甲板军官高喊着“来袭”,他仍然坚守岗位。
The next thing I knew, I was floating in space in an evac suit. I don’t know how I got there. I can only conclude that we were hit hard and my Academy training took over. I must have checked for escape pods, failed to find any, and got into a suit. I must have been in the rear of the bridge tower when the Hapans targeted my cruiser’s main reactor. And I must have been close to a hull breach. So instead of being atomized with the Shepherd when the reactor blew, I was ejected from her.
It was scant reprieve. Something was wrong with my suit. It was torn, or a seal had melted. Either way I could hear the hissing and feel that my body was growing numb.
我所知道的接下来发生的事,就是我穿着逃生服漂浮在太空里。我不知道我是怎么跑到外面的。我唯一能总结的就是我们被猛烈攻击,而我在学院接受的训练生效了。我一定检查了逃生舱,然而没发现有任何一个,随后我便穿上了逃生服。当海皮斯的战舰瞄准了我的巡洋舰的主反应堆时,我一定是在舰桥的尾部。而且我一定很接近舰体的缺口。因此我才没在主反应堆爆炸时随着牧羊犬号一起化为原子,而是从牧羊犬号里逃了出来。我的逃生服出了些问题。它破了,或者一个密闭圈被烧熔了。无论如何,我都能听到漏气的嘶嘶声,同时感觉到我的身体正在失去知觉。
I hung there in space and watched the Hapan ships advance. The Transitory Mists were sheets of green and blue and red, and everywhere else there were stars—above and below, on all sides, because I wasn’t looking up at the sky but floating in it. I’d never seen so many stars, not even as a boy on Kallistas, lying on the roof of the threshing-house with insects humming in the summer dark. And I could see the band of the galaxy, a river of light the sky.
我身处太空中,看着海皮斯战舰接近。瞬息迷雾由绿色、蓝色和红色的片状物质组成,而其他的地方布满着群星——在上方和下方,在所有的方向上,因为我并没有仰头看着天顶方向,而是漂浮在其中。我从来没有见过那么多的星辰,甚至当我还是一名生活在行星卡利斯塔斯的孩子时,我坐在打谷屋的屋顶上,身旁的昆虫发出嗡嗡的声音,我望着夏日漆黑的星空也未能如此。我也能够看到银河系的银盘,一条闪烁着光芒的星河横亘星空。
It was beautiful. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
它是如此的美丽啊。它是我见到过的最美的东西。

主题

帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶
 楼主| 发表于 2014-8-26 23:14 | 显示全部楼层
Around me, it was different. I was surrounded by chunks of durasteel, bent and blackened. Everywhere there were lengths of wire and conduit, slowly wheeling end over end. There were drifts of transparisteel splintered into jagged shards, reflecting starlight. And there were men. A few were whole. Their bodies were bloated and blue and they looked surprised—mouths gaping, eyes staring. But mostly they were in pieces.
在我的周围,一切都变得不同。我被大片的耐用钢所环绕,它们逐渐弯曲,变黑。身旁还飘荡着长短不一的金属丝线和管道,缓慢地旋转了一圈又一圈。一些透明钢破裂成参差不齐的碎片,漂浮着,闪烁着星光。还漂浮着人。少数的尸体是完整的。他们的尸体发肿发蓝,脸上的表情看起来惊讶无比——嘴巴大张,眼睛凝视着周围。但是大多数人的尸体都变成了碎片。
The Battle Dragon approached like an underwater leviathan. Your brain can’t trust your eyes in vacuum—without an atmosphere to dull detail, everything is equally sharp. And when it’s robbed of the ability to judge distance, the mind scrabbles for purchase. Is that chunk of durasteel a centimeter across and about to hit your faceplate, or a meter wide and the length of a landing field away? Watching the Battle Dragon coming, I tried to remember how large she was, tried to figure out how far away she was, tried to calculate if she would hit me.
战龙舰接近了,就像海底的巨兽。你的大脑无法相信你的眼睛在真空中的所见——没有空气遮挡细节,所有的东西看起来都是一样的明晰。而一旦判断距离的能力被剥夺后,意识就会陷入混乱。一公分长的耐用钢碎片会横穿击破你的面罩吗?抑或是一米见方的停泊甲板的碎片会把你撞飞?看着战龙舰接近,我尝试着回忆她有多大,尝试着想象她有多近,尝试着计算她一旦击中我的后果。
She didn’t—she passed right below me. She was far enough away that I didn’t impact her particle shields, but close enough that I could count the rungs of the ladderwells on her sensor masts. They were crowned by running lights, which left spots on my vision when they flashed. She took forever to go by, while my feet kicked slowly above her. I fought down panic that she would suck me down after her or drag me into her wake. I reminded myself that there was neither air nor water between us, that what separated us was the absence of matter. Then she was gone, vanished into hyperspace with the rest of the task force, and I was alone with the stars and the dead.
她没有——她径直在我的下方开了过去。她离得够远,以至于我没有接触到她的粒子护盾,但是也离得够近,以至于我能数出她的传感天线上的梯井的梯数。它们被发亮的灯光所簇拥,当灯光闪烁的时候,它们在我的视野里留下了斑点的阴影。她一直都在前进,同时我的脚在她的上方缓慢地踢着。我开始担心她会不会把我吸在身后,或是把我拖在她的尾迹里。我提示自己在我和她之间没有任何的水或空气,分开我俩的正是虚空。然后她离开了,随其他剩下的部队进入了超空间,而我被留给群星与死亡。
And that was when it happened.
这就是那时发生的事。
I didn’t lose consciousness. I could still think and see. But I was no longer seeing what was around me or hearing the hiss of my ruined suit. I had a vision. I was shown everything at once—everything that had been and everything that will be.
我没有失去意识。我仍然能思考,能观察。但是我再也看不见环绕着我的碎片,或是听到我那破碎维生服的漏气声。我能看到什么东西。我忽然看到了一切——过去存在的一切,将来会存在的一切。
I saw great beings made of light, who could be everywhere and nowhere at once. They were vaster than nebulae and tinier than cells, and they assembled solar systems like children with toys. I saw strange ships made of whirling, tumbling rods and cones, and heard them scream and moan as they shuddered by. I saw great chrome warships whose mirrored hulls turned sunlight into blinding sheets, and black battleships whose spines were crowned with terrible spiked cathedrals. I saw hammerheaded battle cruisers burning, and slab-sided Mandalorian constructs sparkling with rime. I saw Star Destroyers arrowing through the night, and blistered Mon Calamari cruisers schooling, and fighters of all shapes and sizes swarming. I saw ships that seemed built from clumps of multicolored wire, and ones that looked like organs torn from living things.
我看到由大片亮光组成的东西,它们无处不在。它们比星云大,又比细胞小,它们就像孩子们组装玩具一般组装着行星系。我看到由漩涡组成的奇异飞船,交杂着棒状和锥状的物体,聆听着它们发出的尖啸声和呜咽声,仿佛它们就环绕在我的身边。我看到了巨大的镀铬战舰,它们那反光的舰体将阳光反射进漆黑的星空和那些舰体上部被恐怖的钉状冠冕环绕的黑色战舰。我看到锤头战列巡洋舰在燃烧,而细长的曼达洛建筑迸出雾状的物质。我看到歼星舰在夜空中收缩阵型,水泡般蒙卡拉马里巡洋舰正在受训,各式各样的战斗机蜂拥而至。我看到仿佛是由在彩色丝线织成的块状物质构成的飞船,它们看起来更像是生物体内撕裂的器官。

主题

帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶
 楼主| 发表于 2014-8-26 23:14 | 显示全部楼层
And I knew all these ships were filled with beings whose lives had been given to war. Hutt and Tionese, Republic and Sith, Loyalist and Separatist, Imperial and Rebel—I knew it didn’t matter who had killed whom, or when or how or why. All at once I understood that those of us born to be sacrificed upon the pyre of war become one when we die—mingled smoke gone up to whatever gods you believe in. For they are the ones who created war. And they breathed it into our hearts when they created us.
而且我知道所有的那些满载生物的飞船都会参与战争。赫特人和泰昂尼斯人,共和国和西斯,忠诚者与分离主义者,帝国和叛军——我知道谁杀了谁,在何处,在何时这些并不重要。我们中的一些人生来就是为了在死去时献祭给战争的火葬堆,我对此完全深信不疑——混合的烟雾会上升至你们所信奉的任何神祗的所在之处。因为他们是创造了战争的人。当他们创造了我等凡人时,他们将此吹进我们的心脏。
War has always been with us, and always will be with us. I saw that too, as my flesh turned black and my brain froze in deep space. I saw beings by the billions undone in cruel and careless instants—by blasters and swords and teeth and fists. I saw fields and forests scoured into ash by orbital bombardments. I saw planetary cores cracked by flights of missiles. And I saw the battle station you destroyed, saw it hanging half complete above a green world.
战争自古便与我们共存,将来也会与我们共存。当我的血肉变成黑色,而我的大脑在深空中冻僵时,我看到这点。我看到了生命在数以十亿计的残忍与不经意间毁灭——被爆能束和剑和牙齿和拳头所毁灭。我看到田地与森林被轨道轰炸燃为灰烬。我也看到了你们所摧毁的战斗站,看到它悬浮在了一个绿色世界之上。
Yes, I knew what has now come to pass—the Emperor’s demise, the Death Star’s ruin. Shall I tell you what else I saw—things that are yet to be? I think I will—because you won’t believe me anyway. Nobody believes in their own end until it’s upon them, until it can’t be escaped. I saw ruined towers on Coruscant overtopped by curtains of spiked green and purple. I saw the forests of Kashyyyk burning, and the seas of Mon Calamari boiling, and planets ripped in two by the fiery lances of superlasers yet to be built. And other things I’ll take with me, into the vanishing.
是的,我知道发生了什么事——皇帝的驾崩,死星的毁灭。我应该不应该告诉你们我看到的剩下的事呢——你们将来的结局?我想我会的——因为你们完全不会相信我我。没人会相信,直到这一切发生在他们的身上,直到这一切无法逃避。我看到科洛桑之上,已经毁灭的高塔被尖锐的绿色和紫色帷幕所覆盖。我看到卡希克的森林在燃烧,而蒙•卡拉玛利的海洋在沸腾,诸多星球被将要建造的超级激光炮喷射出的炽热射线撕为两半。而剩下的事我会有所保留,把它们带进虚无。
So why am I here? Because I was right. There was a snoopship there, sent to record my death for the Emperor’s satisfaction. I must have activated my beacon—Academy training again—because the snoopship’s crew found me and brought me aboard and handed me over to the medical droids. The only survivor of the Battle of Andalia was the man sent there to die.
那么我为什么又会在此处?因为我是对的。那里就有艘窥探船,把我死亡的记录发回以取悦皇帝。我一定是激活了我的信标——在学院里受到的训练又生效了——因为窥探船的船员发现了我并把我带到船上,随后把我塞给了医疗机器人。
Or a quarter of me survived, anyway—the rest was cut away and discarded, to be rebuilt as tubes and clockwork. After all that, the Emperor let me live. Why? Perhaps it was because he thought the lesson had been taught, and I still had value as a servant. Perhaps it was because he no longer cared. Or perhaps it was because he saw this day coming and desired a witness. As I told you, being Emperor is its own why.
或者说,我身体的四分之一幸存下来了——其余的部分被切掉放弃,取而代之的是管线和精密机械。在这一切之后,皇帝让我活了下来。为何?或许是因为他认为我已经被上了一课,而我还有作为仆人的价值。或许是因为他不在乎了。或许是因为他看到了这一天的来临,并渴望有一位目击者。正如我告诉过你们的那样,唯一的原因就是他身为皇帝。
Whatever the reason, I survived—and so now it falls to you to kill what’s left. Go ahead, Rebel—let’s get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. But remember what I saw and take heed of what I said. You’ll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger. And your Rebellion’s part in that war didn’t conclude with your victory at Endor. In fact, it’s barely begun.
无论原因是什么,我活了下来——然后现在轮到你们杀死我身体里剩下的部分。来吧,叛军——让我们了结这一切吧。把泰希克元帅轰为烟雾吧。但是请记住我所看到的,请记住我所说的。很快,你们也会被轰成烟雾。我们进行的所有战争都只不过是另一场更大战争的一小部分而已,这场战争没有尽头而又远加巨大。而你们叛军所进行的部分并没有因为你们在恩多所取得的胜利而终结。事实上,这才刚刚开始。

图:泰希克元帅迎战海皮斯舰队

图:死星被毁后,恩多战役仍在继续

主题

帖子

精华

管理员

原力
水晶

遇战疯人克隆人汉化组

发表于 2014-8-27 12:04 | 显示全部楼层
Tionese是“蒂翁人”,人类的一支。
oversector应该是“大区”。
消灭西斯,自由属于人民!
Death  to  Sith,  Freedom  to  People!

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

发表于 2014-9-7 16:57 | 显示全部楼层
除了索龙以外最感兴趣的就是泰希克了,而且从预见皇帝驾崩看来泰希克是原力敏感者?
There is no emotion, there is peace.

主题

帖子

精华

管理员

原力
水晶

遇战疯人克隆人汉化组

发表于 2014-11-12 15:33 | 显示全部楼层
全文校对完毕:http://www.starwarsfans.cn/portal.php?mod=view&aid=245
请根据校对版修改原帖内的中文。
消灭西斯,自由属于人民!
Death  to  Sith,  Freedom  to  People!

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 12:53 , Processed in 0.066883 second(s), 19 queries .