水晶
发表于 2009-3-19 20:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
(My Love Is a Puzzle...)

作者:lazypadawan
翻译:August
转自:The Anakin Skywalker Home Page

I'm in love with a future Sith Lord.
我爱上了一个未来的黑君主。

I'm over 30, I have a graduate degree, and I'm no bleeding heart. So what makes this character so appealing to me, despite knowing his dark destiny?
我已年过30,大学学历,我也不是多愁善感的人。那么,是什么让这个角色如此吸引我,尽管我早已知道他黑暗的命运?

Sure, I've always liked Darth Vader and I have long since found his progression from scary villain to redeemed tragic hero interesting. It was fascinating, if not a bit sad, to see that he began life as a humble slave on Tatooine. But I never expected his light-side alter ego, Anakin Skywalker, to intrigue me the way he does now. More so than any other character in the Star Wars milieu, Anakin is a puzzle, an enigma. You could probably publish an entire psychology journal about the man and still not quite feel like you've answered every question he raises.
当然,我一直都喜欢达斯·维达,很久以前在发现他从一个纯粹的恶棍转变为一个忏悔的悲剧英雄时起就对他感兴趣了。看着他以塔图因上一个卑微的奴隶身份开始生命的旅程,即使不是有些伤感,也很令人着迷。但是我从未期待过他个性中的另一面,那个光明面——阿纳金·天行者——以他现有的方式激起了我的兴趣。相较于《星球大战》中其他任何角色,阿纳金是一个谜,是一个不可思议的存在。你也许可以为这个男人发表一整篇心理分析刊物,却仍然感到没有解答他所带来的所有疑问。

Nevertheless, Attack of the Clones is an important key in revealing much about this complex character as his cheerful fa?ade as a child in The Phantom Menace gives way to the troubled youth on the brink of manhood in Episode II. Attack of the Clones makes it very clear Anakin is at a crossroads in his life and the decisions he makes are crucial to not only himself but to the entire galaxy. For this reason, Clones shows Anakin at his absolute worst -- the Tusken Raider massacre -- and at his absolute best -- a skilled and talented Jedi Knight, a devoted friend, and a lover who leaves his heart's fate in his beloved's hands.
然而,《克隆人的进攻》是揭示这个复杂人物如何从《幽灵的威胁》中那个快活的孩子,让位于EP2中那个处于成年边缘的问题少年的一个重要钥匙。《克隆人的进攻》清晰地揭示出阿纳金正处于他人生的十字路口,而他做的决定不仅关系到他自身,更关系到整个银河系。出于这个原因,《克隆》一片展现出无疑是阿纳金最坏的一面——塔斯肯游民大屠杀,也展现出无疑是他最好的一面——一个技艺高超、充满才华的绝地武士,一个忠诚的朋友,一个将自己心的命运交于爱人手中的情人。

Anakin is a true rarity in the movies, an open and passionate male character. In fact he is probably the most emotional character in the entire saga. It truly is something to see that Darth Vader once had a lust for life and adventure which might not have made him an ideal Jedi but it does make him an intriguing, even sympathetic, person. The needs and desires he has are those that we all have: for love, for approval from our elders, for justice, for happiness. To experience all the universe has to offer. His needs and desires are amplified by unaddressed issues dating back to his childhood in slavery. Indeed there is nothing halfway about him; whatever he pursues he does wholeheartedly. It is this characteristic that allows him to love with all of his being but the very same characteristic makes him a ruthless opponent, one you would never want to cross.
阿纳金是这部影片中一个真正稀罕的角色,一个坦诚而充满热情的男性角色。事实上他也许是整个传奇中最情绪化的人物。看着达斯·维达原来也曾经充满对生活与冒险的渴望——这种渴望也许让他成不了一个理想的绝地武士,却绝对让他成为了一个迷人、甚至有同情心的,“人”,这种变化无法不让人心有所感。他的需要和渴望,也是我们所希望得到的:得到爱,得到我们长辈的认可,追求公正,还有快乐;希望体验这个宇宙提供的所有冒险。而他的需要和渴望又由于作为奴隶的童年而得到了增强。他也绝对不是三心二意的人,无论他追求的是什么,他都是全心全意去争取。正是这个特性让他爱所有他爱的人,但也正是这个特性让他成为一个你永远不想面对的无情的对手。

Despite the edgier aspects of his personality, Anakin possesses a guileless charm. He's the gallant knight of fairy tale and myth but still has the mischievous nature of youth. His courtly behavior toward Padmé is very old-fashioned but his respect for her wishes, her intelligence, and her abilities is quite modern. He's sincere and a hopeless romantic. What could be a more appealing combination than that?
除去他性格中的边缘性,阿纳金拥有一种坦率的魅力。他是童话与神话故事中英勇的骑士,同时又拥有年轻人淘气的天性。他对帕德美表现出的那种尊严而有礼貌的举止是非常旧式的做派,但他对于她的愿望、她的智慧以及她的才干表现出的尊敬又是十分现代的。他诚恳,又有一种无可救药的浪漫。还有什么比这样的结合更吸引人?

It is ironic that despite his semi-divine origins and his powerful connection to the Force, he is fraught with vulnerabilities. Yet it is those vulnerabilities that make him accessible to the audience because they make him more like us. He is emotionally vulnerable when he pursues Padmé; for all of his talents and powers he still fumbles for the right words to say to her. He desperately wants Obi-Wan's approval and indirectly, that of the Council. He still deeply misses his mother and fears for her, though he hasn't seen her in years. Palpatine has long since recognized these vulnerabilities and as of Attack of the Clones, is clearly manipulating them. We have sympathized with his struggle since childhood and it's a poignant reality that in some ways Anakin hasn't had much of a chance avoiding the inevitable from the moment of his discovery. He is a pawn in a game of destiny and prophecy, a game he doesn't completely understand. It is natural for us to want things to work out for Anakin, for him to rise above the unfortunate circumstances of his life.
讽刺的是,除开他那近乎神话的出生和他与原力的强大联系,他身上充满了弱点。但正是这些弱点让他更易被观众理解,因为他被塑造得更象我们这些普通人。当他追求帕德美时他的情绪更易受到打击,以他的全部才干和能力他仍然要搜肠刮肚找出合适的词汇向她表白。他拼命想得到奥比万的承认,并且拐弯抹角地想得到评议会的认可。尽管已经有许多年没有见到母亲,他仍然深深地想念着她并且为她担心。帕尔帕丁早已意识到这些弱点,而且到《克隆人的进攻》为止,他很明显地熟练地利用着阿纳金的这些弱点。我们同情他从童年时起就开始的奋斗,而在某些方面,阿纳金从他发现的那一刻起就没有多少机会去避免那些无法避免的事,这是个令人痛苦的事实。他是命运与预言的棋局中的一枚棋子,这是一个他还没有完全理解的棋局。对我们而言,希望发生在他身上的事能够解决,希望他能摆脱他生活中的不幸环境,是很自然的事。

Thus it is heartbreaking to see Anakin go down in flames because of love, or more specifically, his inability to fully accept the greatest risk that comes with love, and that is loss. As a result he loses everything he has ever sought: his desire for love leads to loneliness and isolation; his desire for approval from others leads to hatred and fear from those around him; his wish to "stop people from dying" ends in the slaughter of millions; his desire for justice leads to a brutally oppressive totalitarian regime; his desire for control ends in servitude to the cruelest and darkest master of them all. The fact it didn't have to happen and it happens to one so young and so full of promise is a powerful twist.
因此,看着阿纳金因为爱,或者更明确地说,看着他无力全面承担伴随爱而来的最大风险——失去,而在激情中堕落,实在令人心碎。他失去了他曾经不断追寻的一切,结果:他对爱的渴望导致了孤独和与世隔绝;他对获得别人的认可的追求导致了周围人对他的恐惧与憎恨;他对“阻止人们的死亡”的希望变成了对千万人的屠杀;他对公正的渴望导致了极权政治的残暴统治;他对支配的渴望让他变成了这一切中最残暴、最黑暗的那个主人的奴隶。并不是必须要发生的一切却又发生在这样一个如此年轻而如此满是承诺的人的身上,这个事实实在是个极大的扭曲。

It is too easy for those who know Anakin's ulitmate fate to look only to his faults. Not only are they then missing why his redemption was necessary and possible in Return of the Jedi, but they are also missing out on realizing why he's so interesting in the first place. Had Anakin been nothing but evil to begin with, then there's no need for the prequels at all because there would have been no story to tell.
对于那些知道阿纳金最终命运的人来说,只看到他的错误实在是太容易了。那么,他们不仅仅错过了理解为什么在《绝地归来》中他的救赎是必需而可能的,而且他们还错过了理解他为什么是最让人感兴趣的一个角色。如果阿纳金一开始除了邪恶就别无其他,那么前传根本没有存在的必要,因为已经没有故事可讲了。

Besides anyone halfway honest with himself or herself can recognize a little bit of him within ourselves and can learn from his tragic path. I recognize my own struggles with frustrations and disappointments in life in Anakin and how the anger from all that could eat away at you if you let it. Sometimes I think back to the confession scene and say to myself, "Am I going to dwell on things I can't control or just deal with it?"
此外,任何可以比较诚实地面对自己的人,都可以意识到在他们内心深处有着一些阿纳金的成分,并且可以从他的悲剧命运中学到些什么。我在我自己的生活中体会到阿纳金的那种与受挫感和失望感挣扎的体验,并且发现,如果你放纵自己的愤怒,这愤怒将如何侵蚀你的心灵。有时候我回想着阿纳金坦白的那场戏,对我自己说:“对于我无法控制的事,我是该踌躇不前,还是设法处理好它?”

Nevertheless, while Anakin's human frailities lead him to the dark side, he is redeemed by love. Star Wars' greatest message is if there's hope for someone who has lived a life of evil for decades, there's hope for everyone, and Anakin is the messenger.
然而,当阿纳金的人性弱点让他投向黑暗面的时候,又是爱将他拯救。《星球大战》传递的最伟大的信息在于:如果某个在邪恶中生活了几十年的人也拥有希望,那么所有的人都有了希望,阿纳金就是这个信使。

四处爬墙

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2009-3-30 20:09 | 显示全部楼层
附一句,这篇翻译绝对是俺开始翻译事业的起因之一
身守无一处,心外是百州

主题

帖子

精华

超级版主

原力
水晶
 楼主| 发表于 2009-3-30 23:07 | 显示全部楼层
附一句,这篇翻译绝对是俺开始翻译事业的起因之一
caterpillar 发表于 2009-3-30 20:09

哦!是真的吗?*_*

虫子这样说真是让我既感动又……惭愧:L 这么多年,俺感觉自己的翻译水平是越活越回去了T_T

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:40 , Processed in 0.066786 second(s), 19 queries .