水晶
发表于 2009-9-11 19:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 August 于 2009-9-11 19:23 编辑

(Tom Kane: Mastering Yoda)

2008年10月3日

作者:Pete Vilmur
翻译:August                                 
校对:Luketime

Actor Tom Kane has been voicing Star Wars characters for over a decade, landing his first Star Wars gig in 1996 on LucasArts' X-wing Vs. TIE Fighter video game. Since then, he's voiced characters for scores of other Star Wars games, commercials, and even a Yoda toy or two.
演员汤姆·凯恩为《星战》角色配音已有十几年的时间了,他的第一次《星战》演出是1996年LucasArts出品的电子游戏:《X翼 Vs. 钛战机》。从那以后,他配音履历包括了其他《星战》游戏,广告,甚至为一两个尤达的玩具配了音。

More recently, Tom was cast in three voice roles for the new Clone Wars series, including Yoda (continuing his voice work for the character from the original Clone Wars 2-D animated series), Admiral Yularen, and the serial-style announcer who opens each episode. We asked Tom a few questions about his work on the new series, and about the first episode, "Ambush", in particular.
就在最近,汤姆被选中在最新《克隆人战争》系列中为三个角色配音,包括尤达(这是他继原2D动画系列《克隆人战争》后再次为这一角色配音),尤拉伦上将,以及在每一集开头念开场白。我们向汤姆询问了他在新系列中的工作,特别是关于第一集《伏击》的问题。

What was it like inheriting the legendary characterization of Yoda for The Clone Wars?
能在《克隆人战争》中继承尤达这样一个传奇式人物的塑造,是什么感觉?

Like lots of people my age, Star Wars was a life changing event. I remember my relationship to movies changed that day as it did for a lot of people. I'm a huge fan of Yoda and to find myself caretaking that voice is still sort of amazing to me. You do kind of shake your head and ask, 'How did this happen?' There are some jobs you do for the money and some you do for the love of it, and this is definitely one of those. It's been an honor.
和许多我这个年龄段的人一样,《星战》是一个改变一生的大事件。我记得我与电影的关系就在这一天发生了改变,就象它改变了许多人那样。我是尤达的忠实影迷,对我来说,发现自己能接手那个声音仍然让我有些惊讶。你差不多的确要一边摇头一边问:“这是怎么发生的?”有些工作你是为了钱而做,有些则是为了爱好而做,而这无疑属于后者。这是一项荣耀。

How would you say Yoda's role has changed between the original Clone Wars series and the new?
你认为尤达的角色在原《克隆人战争》系列与新系列里有什么不同?

Well there's obviously more dialog in these because they're much bigger episodes and there's more action. It's hard to compare them because the other ones were so small in terms of time, you know, they were just a few minutes long. Obviously, as an actor, it gives us more opportunity to tell a story and to bring a character to life.
哦,无疑在这个系列里有更多的对话,因为这是个更大型的剧集,还有更多的打斗。很难进行比较,因为就时间长度而言那一个系列要短得多,你知道,它们只有几分钟的长度。显然,作为一个演员,这给了我们更多的机会去讲述故事,塑造好角色。

There's a scene in the first episode where Yoda asks the three clones in his command to take off their helmets so he can relate to each of them individually...
第一集里有场戏是尤达要他指挥下的三个克隆人摘下头盔,这样他可以一个一个把他们每个人联系起来……

They're really trying to explore the idea that the clones may be genetically identical but not alike in any other way. So I think that's something that's going to hit the fans and make them very happy to see fleshed out.
他们的确在努力探索这样一个观点:克隆人也许在基因上是一样的,但在其他方面会不同。因此我认为这是能吸引住影迷的一个片段,能让他们很高兴地看见有血有肉的角色。

In A New Hope, we never get a chance to actually hear the Admiral Yularen character speak (he's the officer dressed in white sitting in Tarkin's briefing room scene). How did you come up with his characterization?
在《新希望》中,我们从没有机会真正听到尤拉伦上将这个角色说话(他是那个坐在塔金的会议室里,身穿白衣的军官)。你是怎么进行他的人物塑造的?

It was Dave's [Filoni] directing. He said he wanted him to sound like an Imperial officer, so we went with sort of the British colonel approach modeled on the old British Empire. You know, Yularen's a good guy at this point, so we didn't dip into the stereotype of the blustery colonel -- we wanted someone who is respected by Yoda and clone troopers and is a legit military commander.
全靠Dave Filoni的指导。他说他想让这个角色听上去象个皇家军官,因此我们采用了类似旧英帝国为模本的英军上校的口音。你知道,在这个阶段尤拉伦还是个好人,因此我们没有采用老套的大吼大叫的上校模式——我们想要一个受到尤达和克隆人士兵尊重的人,一个正统的军事指挥官。

Do you see him making an easy transition from the Republic to the Empire?
你认为他轻易就从共和国倒向帝国了吗?

No. I think Yularen is being portrayed as one of those guys that was going along just because he was an officer. I can't imagine he went along very happily or willingly. I suppose a good analogy would be General Rommel in World War II. He was fighting for the bad guys but even his opponent, [Lieutenant-General] Montgomery, had a great amount of respect for him, almost a fondness for him. He had made the point that Rommel may have worn the uniform, but he wasn't a Nazi. Yularen is a military officer and he's following orders, but I don't think he would [become part of the Empire] with any great sense of relish.
不。我认为尤拉伦被塑造成那种仅仅因为自己是个军官,才奉命行事的人中的一员。我无法想象他会非常高兴或非常自愿地就表示支持。我认为和他很类似的一个人就是二战时期的隆美尔将军。虽然他为坏人作战,但即使是他的对手,蒙哥马利[中将]也对他相当尊重,几乎是青睐有加。他曾明白地表示,隆美尔虽然穿着那身制服,但他却不是一个纳粹。尤拉伦是个军官,他执行命令,但我不认为他会心甘情愿就[成为帝国的一份子]。

The announcer voice which opens each episode feels very affected in a 1940s movie serial kind of way. Was this a request of the production or did you come up with that yourself?
每一集开头的开场白声音让人觉得受到20世纪40年代的系列电影非常大的影响。这是制作组的要求还是你自己提出来的?

This came straight from George. That's the genesis of Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark and was what he grew up on. The western serials and the radio dramas and TV shows that impressed him as a young man is what he wanted to bring to the movies. It's a voice that I've done and do quite often for commercials and stuff -- we call it the "March of Time" voice. I think it will work far better in a television series than it may have in the movie -- I think people were expecting the standard crawl after the "A long time ago..." and may not have known what to make of it. I think it will be much more accepted as a vehicle for television.
这个点子直接出自乔治。那是《星球大战》和《夺宝奇兵》的起源,也是他看着长大的。在他的青年时代,那些给他留下深刻印象的西部片系列,广播剧以及电视剧就是他想带到这些电影里的东西。我配过这种声音,经常是给广告之类的东西配——我们称之为“时光流逝”声。我认为这种声音用在电视系列剧里比用在电影里效果要好得多——我想,看电影时,人们期待的是在“很久以前……”之后出现标准的滚动字幕,如果用旁白的话,观众也许不知道该如何理解它。我认为作为一种电视表现手段,它更容易被人们所接受。

Tom Kane signing a Clone Wars Yoda figure at the 2008 Fan Club Breakfast in San Diego.
圣地亚哥举行的2008影迷俱乐部早餐会上,汤姆·凯恩在一个《克隆人战争》的尤达像上签名。

出处:http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news20081003b.html

主题

帖子

精华

禁止发言

原力
水晶

同盟

发表于 2009-9-11 20:59 | 显示全部楼层
"在《新希望》中,我们从没有机会真正听到尤拉伦上将这个角色说话(他是那个坐在塔金的会议室里,身穿白衣的军官)"

原来是他,我还一直想象Admiral可能是新希望里的某一个人呢

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?加入《星球大战》宇宙

x

主题

帖子

精华

禁止发言

原力
水晶

同盟

发表于 2009-9-11 20:59 | 显示全部楼层
白衣老头,看上去还是一脸正义啊

主题

帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2009-9-13 14:24 | 显示全部楼层
原来TCW开场白是他说的。。。
打酱油啊打酱油~

主题

帖子

精华

中环

原力
水晶

帝国

发表于 2009-9-16 17:25 | 显示全部楼层

上将军衔又多了一种!

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 07:03 , Processed in 0.070373 second(s), 20 queries .