外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2009-9-1 22:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 luketime 于 2009-9-2 01:40 编辑

CHAPTER No.13
第十三章

Dooku handed over Lorian and Eero to Coruscant security. He didn't speak much with Qui-Gon on the journey back. Dooku knew that there were things that needed to be said, but he wasn't sure what they were. He knew that Qui-Gon had saved him from something, and he was grateful. Yet he did not want to admit that he had come so close to violating the Jedi code he was so proud of upholding.
杜库将Lorian和Eero移送至科洛桑安全机关。回来的路上,他没有与魁刚作过多的交流。杜库总觉得有些必要的话要说,却不确定究竟说些什么好。魁刚从某种程度上拯救了他,他心存感激,不过他不愿意承认他差一点就违反了他一直以来骄傲地坚守着的绝地戒律。

They walked past the rows of cruisers in the Temple landing area, the place where he had said good-bye to Lorian so long ago, for what he thought was forever.
在绝地圣殿停机坪,他们走过一排排停靠的巡洋舰。杜库永远不会忘记,很久以前,他就是在这里送别了Lorian。

"So what did you learn from the mission, Padawan?" he asked Qui-Gon.
“你从这次任务中学到点什么,我的徒弟?”他问魁刚。

"Many things," Qui-Gon answered neutrally.
“许多,”魁刚的回答听不出丝毫感情。

"Name the most important one, then."
“那么谈谈最重要的吧。”

"That you will withhold facts from me that I need to know."
“有些我需要知道的事实,你却隐瞒我。”

Dooku drew in a sharp breath. He did not appreciate a rebuke from his apprentice. This natural assurance of Qui-Gon's could get out of hand. What Qui-Gon needed was a little more fear of his displeasure.
杜库倒抽一口冷气,他可不赞赏他的徒弟如此忤逆的行为。魁刚天生的从容自信很容易脱离控制,魁刚需要对他的不悦有所畏惧。

"That is my decision," he answered severely. "It is not for you to question your Master."
“那是我的决定,”他严厉地批评道,“还轮不到你来质问你的师父。”

"I am not questioning you, Master. I am answering you." Qui-Gon's gaze was steady.
“我没有质问您,师父。我只是在回答你的问题。”魁刚的眼神坚定自如。

Angrily, Dooku walked a few more steps. "I will tell you the lesson you should have learned." He stopped outside the landing bay doors. "Betrayal should never take you by surprise. It will come from friends and enemies alike."
杜库气愤地向前多走了几步:“我会告诉你你应该吸取的教训的。”他在停机坪门口停住,“背叛总是不期而至,它不单来自你的敌人,同样会出自你的朋友。”

He left his Padawan and walked down toward the great hall. He drank in the sounds and sights of the Temple. He was glad to be back among the Jedi. Seeing Lorian again had disturbed him greatly.
他丢下魁刚,独自走下大厅,沉醉在绝地圣殿美妙的音乐与灯光中。他很高兴又回到绝地阵营中,虽然再次见到Lorian给他带来很大困扰。

He found himself in front of the Jedi archives. Now he knew why he had felt driven here. What Lorian had left him with was envy, and he realized why.
不知不觉,他发觉自己走到了绝地档案馆门前。他忽然明白是什么动力驱使他来到这里。Lorian留给他的是嫉妒,他知道这是因为什么。

Lorian had accessed the Sith Holocron. He had looked upon it. Maybe he had even gleaned some secrets from it. And he wasn't even a Jedi!
Lorian看过西斯全息记录,而他只是个旁观者。也许Lorian已经从中发现什么秘密,可他连绝地都不是!

Dooku had put it out of his mind for so many years, and now it had all returned - the same hunger, the same irresistible urge to know the Sith. Was it fair that a non-Jedi had glimpsed the Holocron's secrets, and Dooku, one of the greatest Jedi Knights, had not?
杜库以为他早就遗忘了,可现在一切又重新在心头浮现——同样的饥饿感,同样难以抗拒的探索西斯的诱惑。这公平吗,一个非绝地之人都看过西斯全息记录,而他杜库,最伟大的绝地之一,竟然没有看过?

Dooku stood for a moment outside the archives, drinking in the silence, thinking about what lay within. Now no one could challenge his right to see it. He deserved to know, he told himself. He deserved to see it.
杜库在档案馆外呆立了一阵,沉默着,思考着档案馆里所能陈列的东西。现在没人能否认他查看档案的权利。他理应知道,他对自己说,他有权查看西斯全息记录。

The massive doors opened, and Dooku strode in.
大门敞开了,杜库走了进去。

Dooku and Qui-Gon's final mission together had lasted two years. It had been difficult and filled with dangers. They had worked together as never before, their battle minds in perfect rhythm. They had succeeded. They returned to the Temple, weary, leaner, and older.
杜库和魁刚最后一次一起完成的任务持续了两年,而且充满困难和危险。两人前所未有地紧密合作,在战斗中以近乎完美的节奏互相配合。当他们返回圣殿时,两人疲惫不堪,也变得更瘦,更老练了。

Dooku had not spoken of the future. Qui-Gon would now undergo the trials. They both knew he was ready. Qui-Gon waited for some parting words on the long journey home, but none came.
杜库从未提及未来。魁刚现在能够接受考验了,这是两人都清楚的,魁刚早就准备好了。魁刚本期望在归来的漫长旅途中听到师父告别的话语,但杜库什么也没说。

They passed from the landing platform into the great hallway of the Temple. Almost immediately, Qui-Gon saw a familiar form ahead and his heart lifted. Tahl had come to welcome him.
他们穿过停机坪进入绝地圣殿的大厅。就在这时,魁刚看见前方有个熟人,心里一震,是Tahl来迎接他了。

They had not seen each other in years. They walked toward each other, and they clasped each other's shoulders in their old greeting. Qui-Gon searched Tahl's striped green-and-gold eyes, needing to see that she was well and in good spirits. She nodded to let him know this was so.
他们已经很多年没见面了。他们走近彼此,像往常一样互相拍拍肩膀表示问候。魁刚仔细地察看着Tahl黄绿条纹相间的眼睛,感觉到她最近身体和精神状态都不错。而她也点头示意的确如此。
"You're tired," she said.
“你累坏了吧,”她说。
"It was a long mission," he admitted.
“是次很长的任务,”他承认。

He could feel Dooku waiting impatiently behind him.
魁刚忽然感觉到杜库正站在他身后不耐烦地等待着。

They were scheduled to go straight to the Jedi Council for their report. Tahl, too, felt his Master's irritation. She nodded a quick good-bye and mouthed "later."
按日程表安排,他们今天要直接去绝地委员会汇报。Tahl也一样感觉到他师父的焦急,她说了声“一会儿见”,迅速点头告别。

Qui-Gon turned back and walked in step with Dooku. "I see your old friendship has not died, even after all these years," Dooku said.
魁刚转过身,与杜库并肩行走。“过了这么多年,我看得出来,你的友情依然存在。”杜库说。

"I trust Tahl with my life," Qui-Gon said.
“我和Tahl是生死之交。”魁刚说。

Dooku was silent for the entire length of the long hallway.
两人走过长长的走廊,杜库一直沉默不语。

"You have been an excellent Padawan, Qui-Gon," he said at last. "I could not ask for a better one. I will tell the Council this as you face the trials. But I will not tell them this: You have a flaw. This in itself is not a bad thing. Each of us has one. It is bad when we don't see it. Yet what is far worse is to see your flaw and to think it is not a flaw at all. " Dooku stopped. "Perhaps it is my fault that I was never able to teach you my most important lesson."
“魁刚,你是个非常出色的学徒,”杜库终于开口说,“没人能比你做得更好。我会告知委员会让你接受考验。但我不会告诉他们,你有个缺点。缺点本身不是什么坏事,我们每个人都有缺点。不过看不到自己的缺点就不好了,而最糟糕的是认识到自己的缺点却不肯承认。”杜库停顿了下,“或许是我的错误,我没能教给你我最宝贵的经验教训。”

Qui-Gon looked at his Master. The long, elegant nose, the dark hooded eyes, the pale skin. It was a face he knew intimately, but he also knew, and had known for some time, that it was a face he did not love. At first this had bothered him - until he realized he did not need to love his Master, merely learn from him. He was grateful to have a Master so strong in the Force. He had learned much.
魁刚注视着他的师父。长长的、优雅的鼻子,浓黑色的瞳孔,白皙的皮肤——这是一张他非常熟悉的面孔,可他同时也清楚,曾经一度,这也是一张他不热爱的面孔。起初,这曾经让他很苦恼,直到有一天他意识到他不必热爱他的师父,只是向他学习就足够了。他非常感激自己能有一位原力如此强大的师父,他从中学到了不少东西。

"Your flaw is your need for connection to the living Force. Qui-Gon, the galaxy is crowded with beings. The Jedi Order is here to support you. Nevertheless you must carry the following knowledge in your heart," Dooku said. "You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable."
“你的缺点就是你对生命原动力的感应需求。魁刚,银河系充满生命体。虽然说绝地戒律是你的后盾,但你也应该在心里牢记如下的常识,”杜库说,“你总是孤独一人,背叛是不可避免的。”

评分

查看全部评分

没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2009-9-1 23:02 | 显示全部楼层
仔细看过后,发现没有有关Dooku头发的描写。
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

帝国克隆人汉化组

发表于 2009-9-2 01:43 | 显示全部楼层
悲情角色... 看过EP3小说之后感觉完全不一样了
不知有多少堕入黑暗面的绝地都有人格缺陷...
Never  again  will  a  citizen  of  this  galaxy  watch  a  moonrise  in  quite  the  same  way.  He  will  stare  at  that  moon,  and  remember  that  the  Empire  is  firmly  in  control. ----Grand  Moff  Tarkin

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

西斯

发表于 2009-9-3 15:31 | 显示全部楼层
小书又出手了,支持哦……

絕地學徒

主题

帖子

精华

扩张区域

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2009-9-3 17:04 | 显示全部楼层
又有哲理的部份了。
星球大戰是生命,看足球是食糧
@_@是我專用的符號,不是代表@@,不是代表暈...

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:40 , Processed in 0.069293 second(s), 20 queries .