正史小说《索龙:同盟》试阅片段 - 综合讨论区 - 星球大战中文网 Star Wars China - Powered by Discuz!
  • Baidu
  • 论坛搜索
101查看 | 1回复

[小说] 正史小说《索龙:同盟》试阅片段

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2018-5-30 22:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
新正史小说《索龙:同盟》将于2018年7月24日出版,本书作者仍然是蒂莫西·扎恩。上一本《索龙》的故事衔接了义军崛起第三季的开头,这一本书将接续第三季的结尾。

一、封面

二、简介
皇帝黑暗面的执行者和他最杰出的军事指挥官:一个不错的反派组合。
索龙与维达必须合作执行一项秘密任务,即使是他们彼此不愿如此。

三、试阅片段

“I have sensed a disturbance in the Force.”
“我感到原力中有一阵扰动。”

Emperor Palpatine paused, stretching out his thoughts to the two men standing before his throne, awaiting their reactions.
帕尔帕丁皇帝停下话语,将思绪伸向皇座前站立的两人,等待着他们的反应。

No. Not men. Of course not men. Men were insignificant, pitiable creatures, fit only to be ruled, or intimidated, or sent to die in battle. These were far more than mere men.
不。不是人。当然不仅是人。人是无足轻重的,可怜的生物,适合被统治,被恐吓,或是派往前线送死。他俩远在这之上。

A Chiss Grand Admiral, a strategic and tactical genius. A Sith Lord, ruthless and powerful in the Force.
一位奇斯人元帅,战略与战术的天才。一位西斯尊主,无情且拥有强大的原力。

They were watching him, Palpatine knew, each trying in his own way to glean some understanding as to why they’d been summoned. Grand Admiral Thrawn was observing his Emperor’s voice, face, and body stance. Lord Vader, in contrast, was stretching out with the Force toward his master.
他们观察着他,帕尔帕丁知道,他们每个人都在试图寻找蛛丝马迹来获悉为什么会被召见。索龙元帅观察着皇帝的声音、面容和肢体动作。维达尊主则不同,把原力伸向了他的师父。

Palpatine could feel all that. But he could also feel the tension between these, his two most useful servants.
帕尔帕丁能感受到这一切,他也感受到了他两位得力仆从间的紧张氛围。

The tension wasn’t simply because each wished to be the one standing alone at his master’s side at the center of Imperial power. That was certainly part of it.
紧张的氛围并不仅仅是因为他们每一个都希望自己是唯一一个处于皇帝身侧帝国权力中心的人。这只是一部分。

But there was more. Much more. Thrawn had recently suffered a serious defeat, permitting a small group of rebels he’d successfully trapped on the planet Atollon to slip through his fingers. That failure had earned Vader’s contempt.
还有其他的原因。更多的原因。索龙最近遭遇了严重的失败,他让本已成功困在阿托伦的叛军小组从指间逃走了。这次失败让索龙遭到了维达的轻蔑。

Thrawn, in his turn, strongly opposed the Death Star project favored by Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, and Palpatine himself, pushing instead for his own prized TIE Defender project on Lothal. So far Thrawn’s opposition had not reached the level of open resistance, but the Emperor knew it was only a matter of time. Vader knew that, as well.
另一方面,索龙强烈地反对受到维达、最高星区总督塔金和皇帝本人青睐的死星计划,他在洛塔上推进他看重的替代的钛防御者计划。索龙的反对没有成为死星计划的阻力,但是皇帝知道这只是时间问题。维达也认识到了这点。

But Palpatine hadn’t brought them here to offer an opportunity for reconciliation. Certainly not to mediate personally in their conflict. There were other, far deeper considerations.
但是帕尔帕丁召他们来不是提供一个和解的机会。当然不会是调解个人冲突,而是其他的,更深远的事情。

Thrawn had given his oath of loyalty to the Empire. But that loyalty had never been fully tested. Vader stood beside Palpatine as the Sith Master’s apprentice But his previous life among the Jedi could not simply be ignored nor casually dismissed.
索龙已经宣誓对帝国忠心不二,但是这份忠心从未被彻底的测试过。维达作为西斯学徒站在帕尔帕丁身侧,但是他以前绝地的生活不是那么简单就能忽视和随意舍弃的。

Here, with this intriguing Force disturbance, was the opportunity to deal with both issues.
现在,随着原力中这有趣的扰动而来的,是解决这两个问题的机会。

Palpatine raised his eyes briefly toward the high window in his throne room. The Star Destroyer Chimaera was visible in the distance, a barely discernible arrowhead shape floating high above Coruscant’s buildings and skylanes. Normally, military craft that large weren’t permitted closer than low orbit. But Palpatine had wished the ship to be present during this meeting, a subtle reminder to both of his servants of what had been given to Thrawn, and what could be taken away.
帕尔帕丁抬起视线看向皇座室高处的窗户。歼星舰喷火兽号就在可见的范围内,勉强能够辨别的箭头形状漂浮在科洛桑的建筑物和天际线上。通常,这么大的军事舰船不被允许靠近低轨道。但是帕尔帕丁希望喷火兽号在召见期间就在眼前,作为一个对两位仆从的小小提醒:给予索龙的东西,也可以被收回。

Vader spoke first, as Palpatine had known he would. “Perhaps you sense the rogue Jedi Kanan Jarrus,” he said. “Or the creature Admiral Thrawn claimed to have encountered on Atollon.”
维达先开口了,帕尔帕丁知道他会。“也许您感觉到的是流亡绝地凯南•贾勒斯,”他说,“或是索龙元帅声称在阿托伦上遇到的生物。”

Palpatine smiled thinly. Of course he wasn’t sensing Jarrus. That particular disturbance had long since been noted, codified, and dismissed, a fact Vader knew only too well. The suggestion was nothing more than a reminder to Thrawn—and to Palpatine—of the Chiss’s humiliating defeat.
帕尔帕丁轻笑着。他感应到的当然不是贾勒斯。这独特的扰动早就被注意到、记录下、随后消散,维达知道得太清楚了。这句话仅仅是在提醒索龙和帕尔帕丁这位奇斯人的惨败。

Thrawn gave no visible reaction to Vader’s comment. But Palpatine could sense a hardening of his attitude. He’d already promised the Emperor that he would deal with Jarrus and the Phoenix rebels who had so recently slipped through his fingers. Much of that failure had been due to factors not under Thrawn’s control, which was why Palpatine hadn’t taken the Seventh Fleet away from him.
索龙没有对维达的评论做出回应。但是帕尔帕丁感觉到了他态度的坚决。他已经承诺皇帝他会处理从指间逃走的贾勒斯和凤凰小队。很多导致这次失败的因素不是索龙可控制的,这就是为什么帕尔帕丁没有收回他的第七舰队的原因。

But Vader had no patience for failure of any sort, no matter what the reasons or excuses. For now, he was waiting; but he was more than ready to step in to solve that particular problem if the Grand Admiral failed.
维达对失败没有任何耐心,无论是何种原因还是借口。现在,他等待着,但更像是已经准备好元帅失败时亲自解决这个问题。

“This disturbance comes from neither,” Palpatine said. “It is something new. Something different.” He looked back and forth between his servants. “Something that will require both of you working together to uncover.”
“扰动不来自这二者,”帕尔帕丁说。“是新的,不同的东西。”他的视线回到面前的仆从之间。“这件任务需要你们合作揭开。”

Again, neither of them visibly reacted. But Palpatine could sense their surprise. Their surprise, and their reflexive protest.
再一次,二人没有表现出明显的反应。但帕尔帕丁还是能感受到他们的惊讶。他们惊讶并本能地抗拒这一事。

Working together?
合作?

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
 楼主| 发表于 2018-5-30 22:15 | 显示全部楼层
This time, it was the Chiss who spoke first. “With all due respect, Your Majesty, I believe my duty and my abilities would be best used elsewhere,” he said. “The rebels who escaped Atollon must be tracked down and eliminated before they can regroup and join with other cells.”
这一次,奇斯人先开口了。“恕我直言,陛下,我相信我的职责和能力在别处能更有效的发挥,”他说,“逃离阿托伦的叛军必须在重组并与其它叛军小组汇合前找到并除掉。”

“I agree,” the Emperor said. “But the Seventh Fleet and Commander Woldar can deal with that without you for now. Grand Moff Tarkin will also be joining the commander while his new assignment is being prepared for him.”
“我同意,”皇帝说。“但是你不在,第七舰队和沃尔达指挥官现在也能处理这些问题。最高星区总督塔金将接受新的指派在这期间进行指挥。”

Palpatine sensed a flicker in Vader’s emotions, perhaps a hope that Thrawn would mistakenly believe this was the right time and place to once again raise objections to the Death Star project. Palpatine paused, offering the Grand Admiral the opportunity to do just that.
帕尔帕丁感到维达的情绪一闪而过,可能是希望索龙错误地以为这是合适的时间和地点再一次提出对死星计划的反对。帕尔帕丁停下来,给元帅阐述的机会。

But Thrawn remained silent.
但是索龙仍然沉默着。

“While Woldar and Tarkin find and deal with the rebels,” the Emperor continued, “you and Lord Vader will take your flagship to deal with this other matter.”
“沃尔达和塔金将搜索并除掉叛军,”皇帝继续说道,“你和维达尊主将乘你的旗舰去处理这个任务。”

“Understood, Your Majesty,” Thrawn said. “May I point out that Governor Tarkin is less familiar than I am with this particular Rebel cell. Perhaps a more efficient approach would be for Lord Vader to be offered one of my Star Destroyers and seek out this disturbance on his own.”
“明白,陛下,”索龙说。“请恕我指出塔金总督对这支叛军小组知之甚少。也许更有效的策略是提供给维达大人一艘我的歼星舰,由其独自解决这骚乱。”

Palpatine felt a sudden stirring of anger from his apprentice at Thrawn’s unthinking choice of phrase. A Lord of the Sith was not offered a ship. He took what he wanted when he wanted it.
帕尔帕丁感到他的徒弟因为索龙欠考虑的说辞而涌起的愤怒,西斯尊主不接受提供的舰船,而是他想要什么的时候就自己去夺取。

But like Thrawn, Vader knew when to remain silent.
但像索龙一样,维达知道什么时候该保持沉默。

“You surprise me, Admiral Thrawn,” Palpatine said. “I would have expected a certain eagerness to journey within sight of your home.”
“你让我吃惊,索龙元帅,”帕尔帕丁说。“我本以为你渴望一次回到故乡的旅途。”

Thrawn’s glowing red eyes narrowed slightly, and Palpatine felt his sudden caution. “Excuse me, Your Majesty?”
索龙红彤彤的眼睛微微眯起,帕尔帕丁感受到了他突然而来的警觉。“您说什么,陛下?”

“The disturbance is located at the edge of your Unknown Regions,” the Emperor said. “It appears to be centered on a planet named Batuu.” Again, he sensed a reaction to the name. This time, the reaction came from both of them. “I believe you have heard of it?”
“这个扰动的位置在未知空间的边缘,”皇帝说。“以一颗名叫巴图的行星为中心而出现。”他再次感到了一个对这名字的反应。这次反应来自他们二人。“我相信你们听过这个名字。”

Thrawn’s eyes were hooded, the expression on that blue-skinned face swirling with memories. “Yes,” he murmured. “I have indeed heard of it.”
索龙的眼睛半闭半睁,蓝色脸庞上的表情像是在和记忆周旋。“是的,”他低语着。“我确实听过。”

As, of course, had Vader. It was the place where he and Thrawn had long ago interfered, albeit unwittingly, with one of Palpatine’s plans.
当然还有维达。在那里他和索龙很久以前就起过冲突,在帕尔帕丁无从察觉的计划下。

But again, Vader remained silent.
再一次,维达保持沉默。

“Very well, then,” Palpatine said. “You, Admiral, will command.” He looked at Vader. “You, Lord Vader, will deal with the disturbance.”
“很好,那么,”帕尔帕丁说。“你,元帅,负责指挥。”他看向维达。“你,维达尊主,处理这个扰动。”

“Yes, Your Highness,” Thrawn said.
“是,陛下,”索龙说。

“Yes, my master,” Vader said.
“是,师父,”维达说。

Palpatine leaned back into the depths of his throne. “Then go.”
帕尔帕丁向后靠进皇座深处。“那么出发吧。”

The two servants turned and walked toward the door between the double line of red-cloaked Imperial Guards silently lining their path. Palpatine watched them go: the Chiss in his white Grand Admiral’s uniform, the Sith garbed in black, his long cloak swirling behind him.
两位仆从转过身,从两排红色外袍的帝国禁卫军之间走向大门。帕尔帕丁看着他们离开:奇斯人身着白色元帅制服,西斯身着黑色特制制服,长斗篷在身后飘动着。

The solution to this particular puzzle would indeed require both of them. But more importantly, it would address Palpatine’s lingering questions.
解决这个谜题无疑需要他们二者。更重要的,可以解决帕尔帕丁长久疑虑的问题。

He smiled thinly. Time for Thrawn to face his future.
他轻轻笑着。是时候让索龙面对自己的未来了。

Time for Vader to face his past.
是时候让维达面对自己的过去了。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入星球大战

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号