精华

超级版主

原力
水晶
发表于 2009-3-17 22:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 August 于 2009-12-29 20:21 编辑

(Live from Italy: Hayden Christensen)

2005年4月19日

Taking a break from the set of his latest film The Decameron for De Laurentiis Productions, actor Hayden Christensen chatted live on a phone from Italy with host Jay Laga'aia in the Sagamore Ballroom about his experiences playing the biggest baddie in cinema -- Darth Vader -- in Revenge of the Sith.
从最新影片——De Laurentiis出品的《十日谈》的片场暂时抽身,演员海登·克里斯腾森在意大利通过电话与身处酋长舞厅现场的主持人Jay Laga'aia(EP2中泰弗队长的扮演者)谈论了他在《西斯的复仇》中扮演影史上最大反派——达斯·维达的经验。

Christensen, who became an international star when filmmaker George Lucas cast him as Anakin Skywalker for Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, discussed his thoughts on preparing for the notorious role and his training with master choreographer Nick Gillard for the most-anticipated lightsaber battle ever.
当电影制作人乔治·卢卡斯选择他在《星战2:克隆人的进攻》中出演阿纳金·天行者的时候,海登·克里斯腾森成为了一个国际影星。他谈论了自己为这个声名狼籍的角色所做的准备工作的感想,以及与动作指导大师尼克·吉拉德为史上最受期待的光剑对决而进行的训练。

For three months Christensen worked with a trainer twice a day, practiced complicated lightsaber moves with Gillard, and ate six meals a day to bulk up for the role.
三个月的时间里,克里斯腾森和训练员每天训练两次,与吉拉德一起练习复杂的光剑打斗技巧,而且为了角色需要,他一天吃6顿以塑造体型。

"It was grueling preparation," Christensen recalled. "It was not a lot of fun and not something I plan to repeat."
“真是严酷的预备期,”克里斯腾森回忆道,“这并不怎么有趣,我也不打算再来一次。”

Physically preparing for the role wasn't Christensen's only challenge. He also wanted to show his character changing from a rebellious teen into a much more troubled young man.
为角色所做的身体准备并不是克里斯腾森的唯一挑战。他还希望展示出他的角色从一个叛逆少年向一个更加困扰的青年的转变。

"George asked me to hold back in Episode II, but in Episode III I had free reign to be darker. This is what I've been waiting for since the beginning. I let my ambitions get the best of me and I suffered from delusions of grandeur for a bit, but it was worth it," Christensen laughed.
“拍EP2时,乔治要求我内敛一些,但拍摄EP3时,我可以自由发挥出更黑暗的一面。这是我从一开始就期待的一刻。我让我的野心发挥到极至,并且些许受到一种庄严的错觉的折磨,不过这些都是值得的。”克里斯腾森大笑起来。

Fans may already know that wearing Vader's suit was more than thrilling for Christensen, but he also candidly revealed that the experience was bittersweet.
影迷们也许早就知道,对克里斯腾森来说,穿上维达的盔甲不仅让他激动得发抖,不过他还是坦率地透露,这是种让人苦乐参半的体验。

"When I put on the suit I went through every emotion you can imagine -- and it's sad in a way because it meant real closure for me in that my time in Star Wars was going to end," Christensen explains to the audience. "Yet it's very empowering to play the most badass villain of all time!"
“当我穿上这套盔甲时,我几乎体验了你们所能想象的每一种感觉——从某种角度上来说,这也让人有些伤感,因为对我来说这意味着真正的结局:穿上这盔甲,我在《星战》中的时刻也即将结束。”克里斯腾森对听众解释说,“但是能够扮演史上最坏的反派让人有强烈的威势感。”

Not only did the suit have an obvious impact on the actor, but also on the cast and crew working with him on the Revenge of Sith set in Sydney, Australia.
这套行头不仅对演员产生了显著的影响,还影响到和他一起在澳大利亚悉尼参与《西斯的复仇》的演职员们。

"When I walked past in full costume, the crew's eyes would light up, but a few of them had a glimmer of fear in their eyes as well," Christensen chuckles. They would take two steps back and lower their heads a bit."
“当我全套盔甲穿过人群时,工作人员的眼睛会猛地一亮,但少数人的眼里也会有恐惧的反映,”克里斯腾森“咯咯”笑起来。“他们会退后两步,然后稍稍低下他们的头。”

However while wearing the intimidating outfit, Christensen told the Celebration III audience that seeing through the eyes of a fallen hero wasn't easy, in fact he had trouble seeing much at all.
但克里斯腾森还是告诉第三届庆典上的观众,穿上这套充满胁迫感的服装时,要透过这个堕落英雄的双眼往外看不是件容易的事,事实上他根本很难看到太多东西。

"I had limited vision through the mask," Christensen admits. "I sat higher up in the costume due to the shoe lifts, so I had to look through the mouthpiece instead of the eyes. I didn't see much as Vader."
“透过盔甲我的视野范围很有限,”克里斯腾森承认说,“我穿着盔甲时靠着内增高鞋才变高了,所以我不得不透过嘴部发声器的位置,而不是眼睛的位置往外看。扮演维达,我的视野狭窄。”

But Christensen had no complaints. As a fan of the original trilogy as well, Christensen told the crowd that he thought once fans understood the human tragedy of Anakin's path to the dark side it would forever will alter their perceptions of what made Darth Vader so frightening.
但克里斯腾森没有抱怨。作为一个原三部曲的影迷,克里斯腾森告诉观众,他认为,一旦影迷理解了阿纳金走向黑暗面的人性悲剧,就会永远改变他们对让达斯·维达变得如此令人恐惧的原因的理解。

"The meanest villain in the original trilogy is now all of a sudden relatable and humanized," Christensen says. "He becomes a much more pathetic person in a way and it changes the whole dynamic about how we see Darth Vader."
“原三部曲中最邪恶的反派现在突然变得可理解而人性化了,”克里斯腾森说,“在某种程度上,他变成了一个更加悲惨的人,这就改变了我们如何看待达斯·维达的整个视角。”

Taking questions from the audience, Hayden spoke fondly about his experiences working with Gillard on the intricate lightsaber movements he memorized and mastered for the intense fight scenes that saturate Revenge of the Sith.
听取观众们提的问题时,海登天真地谈起他记忆里关于和吉拉德练习复杂的光剑动作的经历,以及充斥着《西斯的复仇》的激烈打斗。

"Nick defined the lightsaber style we use in the films, but he's very open to suggestions," Christensen says. "He choreographed every finite detail, but the lightsaber reversal thing I like to take credit for."
“尼克创造了我们在电影中使用的光剑招式,但他也很坦诚地接受建议,”克里斯腾森说,“他设计了每一个限定的动作细节,但我很乐意说光剑反转这招归功于我。”

"No one knows lightsaber style like Nick," Christensen adds.
“没人象尼克一样了解光剑的风格。”克里斯腾森补充说。

When asked if given the choice, which character other than Anakin would Christensen like to have portrayed on the big screen, and he promptly replaced to host Jay Laga'aia's surprise --- Captain Typho, with Boba Fett coming in second.
当被问及如果有机会,克里斯腾森希望在大银幕上扮演阿纳金之外的哪一个角色时,海登迅速给了主持人Jay Laga'aia一个意外——泰弗队长,波巴·费特排第二。

Another young fan asked Christensen who was more fun to play -- a Jedi or a Sith.
另一个小影迷问克里斯腾森,哪一个演起来更有趣——绝地,还是西斯。

"Being a Jedi is much more fun," Christensen confessed. "I like the color of the lightsaber a little better."
“扮演绝地武士更有趣,”克里斯腾森公开承认,“我喜欢绝地光剑的颜色更多一点。”

Laga'aia made a point to relay a special message from Episode III Producer Rick McCallum inviting him to New York in a couple of weeks to sit down for a screening of the film to which Christensen excitedly replayed, "Yes! I've been waiting for him to ask! I'm as anxious as the rest of you to see it!"
Laga'aia打断了一下以传达一个来自EP3制片人瑞克·迈克鲁姆的特别消息,说瑞克邀请海登几周后前往纽约一起观看影片的试映,对此克里斯腾森极为兴奋地回答说:“没错!我正在等他开口!我和你们其他人一样渴望看到这片子!”

"It has all become very personal for me to be a part of George's world," Christensen adds. "When I was 13, I was given the George Lucas: The Creative Impulse book and was in awe about this creative haven George created away from the Hollywood system. And now my life has come full circle to be a part of it as well."
“对我来说,能成为乔治世界中的一部分变成了一件非常私人的事情,”克里斯腾森补充说,“13岁那年,有人给我一本名为《乔治·卢卡斯:创造性动力》的书,我对乔治创造的这个远离好莱坞体系的港湾敬畏不已。现在能成为其中的一个部分,我的生命变得十分完满了。”

翻译:August
校对:DataLore

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:11 , Processed in 0.061487 second(s), 18 queries .